• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

BNB Question Again...

Horseshoe

I bought a Groupon yesterday for $32. It is the $100 BNB groupon. I am new and I have mostly samplers in my humidors. I was debating on getting some Padron's. Should I just get a 5er of 1926's? Or should I spread the love around to have some nice sticks to rest a while for special occasions?

BnB Tobacco was banned here ( and on other cigar forums ) due to their obnoxious advertising and business practices. No matter how great of a deal you think you received, this is not the place to give them anymore promotion.
We like to support the cigar retailers who support our community and offer superior customer service.

I searched for "Banned" and "Black List" and didn't get any hits for banned retailers or users.  Is there a sticky thread somewhere?  Should we make one or is it just one of those things that's passed on by word of mouth?

Setharsis said:
I searched for "Banned" and "Black List" and didn't get any hits for banned retailers or users.  Is there a sticky thread somewhere?  Should we make one or is it just one of those things that's passed on by word of mouth?
I am curious as well. I don't want to step of feet around here.

Also, I was not trying to give them promotion, just looking for basic guidance. I am new to all things cigars.

Setharsis said:
Word of mouth is the best we can do for some issues. As the forum has grown and the archives have gotten larger, the use of the search feature for membership and thread history has become increasingly cumbersome.

Horseshoe said:
I am curious as well. I don't want to step of feet around here.
Also, I was not trying to give them promotion, just looking for basic guidance. I am new to all things cigars.
No worries. There have been a few recent mentions of these Groupon deals from newbies, and I thought it would be best to provide the necessary history from our previous experience with this assclown of a vendor.

If you are new to cigars just buy regular Padrons you can't go wrong.   You can't go wrong with the Anniversary's either they are just more pricey. 

I  have not heard of any groupons for premium cigars at any reputable dealers.

Not sure they would work in the industry.

Maybe they have existed and done well, but I have never heard of it.

It is a thing. I have used two of them so far. I already placed my second order it will be here Wednesday. I bought a box of Padron 3000's for $66 out of pocket.

personal User said:

"reputable dealers" was what I said in my post.

I'm not saying that it can't be done, if you wish to have dealings with people that the membership here does not want to deal with.

At this point, I am still unaware of any that exist from "reputable" dealers.

If you wish to do business with people that resort to spamming forums, that is your perogative.
Horseshoe said:
It is a thing.
Is it a thing at a dealer other than the one you listed previously? Someone that this community would consider reputable?

Or are you singing the praises of a groupon used with a company that is banned from here?

Damn, I have no excuse. I actually commented in that old thread. I also bought the groupon on Friday. I checked before hand to make sure that they actually had stuff that I wanted. I just got an email saying 90% of my order was out of stock with not expected to be restocked any time soon. I guess there is some truth to the saying if you forget the past you are doomed to repeat it. 

personal User said:

"reputable dealers" was what I said in my post.

I'm not saying that it can't be done, if you wish to have dealings with people that the membership here does not want to deal with.

At this point, I am still unaware of any that exist from "reputable" dealers.

If you wish to do business with people that resort to spamming forums, that is your perogative.
Horseshoe said:
It is a thing.
Is it a thing at a dealer other than the one you listed previously? Someone that this community would consider reputable?

Or are you singing the praises of a groupon used with a company that is banned from here?
I was staring it was a good deal. I am signing praises for groupon, I have not had an issue with BNB either. I have ordered two Groupons and no issues. So from my experience it was great. I love saving money any way possible.

A dealer that has been banned from here will not be getting any of my business even if a good deal or a great, and unbelievable deal.

Hey, save money all ya like bud, just don't go and giving promotion to a butthole vendor who was banned. There is a reason we say read more, post less round here. All noobs should take this advice as to avoid potential foot in mouth occurances.

Once again. I apologized prior to this. There is no way one can read every post on this forum before posting something. I read the rules prior to posting and read no such thing(no BNB topics). I wasn't trying to give anyone publicity. I simply asked in OP what I should buy with $100.

Feel free to delete this tread as everyone seems to have blown it out of proportion. Simply place in the rules a list of vendors you "discourage" from talking about.

Horseshoe said:
Once again. I apologized prior to this. There is no way one can read every post on this forum before posting something. I read the rules prior to posting and read no such thing(no BNB topics). I wasn't trying to give anyone publicity. I simply asked in OP what I should buy with $100.

Feel free to delete this tread as everyone seems to have blown it out of proportion. Simply place in the rules a list of vendors you "discourage" from talking about.

Hey, save money all ya like bud, just don't go and giving promotion to a butthole vendor who was banned. There is a reason we say read more, post less round here. All noobs should take this advice as to avoid potential foot in mouth occurances.

A little harsh, CMontoya.  He did apologize.  Like MMM said, its getting tough to find every single thread ever on every single issue or banned person or business.  Thats why we rely on the membership to point us in the right direction when we miss something.  Horseshoe thought he was helping us out by posting a good deal.  It happens.  Now he knows and I'm sure will check more in depth next time! 

We all make mistakes. Chalk it up to lessons learned. I am in no way in competition for CP's biggest Richard award.

Peace,

C

Back