• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bolivar Advice

Marito

I'm thinking of picking up some Bolivar and am torn between the Belicoso Finos, Coronas Gigantes, and Petit Coronas. Any advice or thoughts. I prefer a strong cigar.

Of course, if you're speaking of the Cuban variety, they're considered contraband and illegal to possess in the United States. :whistling:

But, you definitely could do no wrong with the Finos. One of my favorites. "Strong" is subjective, but they definitely fall in the medium to full bodied category by most people's estimations.

MiamiCubano said:
But, you definitely could do no wrong with the Finos. One of my favorites. "Strong" is subjective, but they definitely fall in the medium to full bodied category by most people's estimations.
[snapback]199489[/snapback]​

I agree. The Beli Fino, especially with a little age on it, is the way to go. The petite corona is a great medium-bodied smoke as is the coronas gigantes, the the beli is much closer to full-bodied. Just my 0.02.

Go for the BBF. :thumbs: I enjoyed when they were young. I'm aging one right now and can't wait to try in, oh let's say, 5 years. IMHO the better than the Monte No.2. ;)

The Bolivar Royal Corona is a better cigar than the BBF in my estimation. On the BBF be careful of the wrapper as I got some that the wrapper was very light in coloration.

IMHO, the BBF is a little "stronger" than the CG. I prefer the taste of the CG to the BBF, but not by much. I consider the Royal Corona to be just a little tastier and smoother than all three. If you want strength, think about the Coronas Extras.

If you're insisting on Bolivars, read the above post.

Personally, I'd go for a box of PSD4s.

they are bring out a new one called the gigantes a double coronas size
it has not been released a friend got a box for me when i was in havana
have not tried them yet but they look great

vitasea said:
they are bring out a new one called the gigantes a double coronas size
it has not been released a friend got a box for me when i was in havana
have not tried them yet but they look great
[snapback]199750[/snapback]​
:rolleyes: :whistling: ??? I have a few of these that "haven't been released". Their from 98. But back on topic, th BBF hands down.

Well when I was in a similar situation, I went for the BBF after some research :) Why don't you do that too? :D

I've had good and bad luck with the BBF. When they are on, they are certainly one of the best Cubans I've smoked, unfortunately of the 5 I've smoked, only 2 has been superb. The first one I smoked was one of the best cigars that I've ever smoked and since then, I keep going back to the BBF hoping for this perfection. Unfortunately, 3 have been lacking. These smokes tend to have tight draws, but 2 had extremely tight draws (even after opening up the cut) with both ending in a plug that was almost impossible to free up. Another had a very uneven burn and the wrapper started fraying halfway through. The 2 good ones though (and that Bolivar taste), keep me coming back for more.

Like others that have posted, I also prefer the Royal Coronas. Construction has always been perfect and the taste is just better balanced and lighter than the BBF. If you have to have full bodied, then go with the Bolivar Coronas, which to me has very similar aggressive and full bodied taste to the BBF, but with a looser draw and better construction. Of the three you listed, I would go with the PC.

If it doesn't have to be Bolivar, then the PSD#4.

Thanks to all for the advice. It seems like the results tally this way so far...

BBF--8
Royal Corona--1
Petit Corona--1
Corona Extras--1
PSD 4s--1

I'm hopefully going to sample a BBF then will let y'all know. Thanks again.

Have to agree with the RC's. That said I have some BCG's from late 90's that are in the top 5 of cigars I have smoked.

I've had some really good BBF but they had 3+ years age on them. The fresh ones I've tried were not that good at all. If you go that route plan on not smoking them for a while.

The Beli.
I have one in the humi. right now calling for me................