• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bolivar Gold Medals?

Sleepy

I was under the impression the gold medals were coming back this year, but have not seen them available anywhere yet. Don't suppose anyone knows when we're liable to see these start showing up?

I was sure hoping to see some response to this one. This is the 1st cigar on my wish list.

Alan, these suck you don't even want to see one of these let alone smoke one :whistling:

They are surely on my short-list wish list, as well. I'd love to get my hadns on some of the re-releases (or the originals...HA!). If they come out again, i will surely stock up.

What are these?

:cool:

Nothing that a fancy cigar-guy like you would be interested in. They were a cheap, bundled, machine made short filler smoke that were so bad that they stopped making them in the 80's. Those are so obscure and terrible that they have become a colectors item, and available only at truly painful cost. Then, in 1995, a German tobacconist was lucky enough to have 1000 boxes of 10 made for him in the partagas factory, and sold out in hours. These occassionaly come on the secondary market...but like I said, they are gross, I have heard, nad often catch on fire and burn people trying to smoke them...and they make your smell bad, and lose your sense of taste, and uh...make you ugly....so, tell everyone you knwo not to look for them, and if they see them, not to byu them...

I do knwo ONE guy who lieks them, so if you see any lying around, let me know, and I'll pass the info on.

What are these?

Nothing that a fancy cigar-guy like you would be interested in. They were a cheap, bundled, machine made short filler smoke that were so bad that they stopped making them in the 80's. Those are so obscure and terrible that they have become a colectors item, and available only at truly painful cost. Then, in 1995, a German tobacconist was lucky enough to have 1000 boxes of 10 made for him in the partagas factory, and sold out in hours. These occassionaly come on the secondary market...but like I said, they are gross, I have heard, nad often catch on fire and burn people trying to smoke them...and they make your smell bad, and lose your sense of taste, and uh...make you ugly....so, tell everyone you knwo not to look for them, and if they see them, not to byu them...

I do knwo ONE guy who lieks them, so if you see any lying around, let me know, and I'll pass the info on.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: .... since they'll make you ugly I better pass all I find on along to atuck.

Okay, so I'll have as much luck finding these a I will in finding a Cuban Davidoff or a Maduro FFOX .... :laugh: .

Okay, so I'll have as much luck finding these a I will in finding a Cuban Davidoff or a Maduro FFOX .... :laugh: .

LOL.

The original release, I have found to be harder to find than some less desireable/less rare (everything is relative) Cuban Davidoffs. They have (I have heard) much more body/flavor, though, and are more in line with most american cigar smokers' tastes.

Yeah, total dog rockets, guys. Better ship me any you do get your hands on for proper disposal. :laugh:

Yeah I heard these were supposed to come out too. But i also heard from a vendor that if they did come out they would be hard to come by, and they weren't sure they'd get any. Glad i was able to find one of another BB. :)

I think the same store in Cologne, Germany that got them last year is getting Por Larranaga Lonsdales this year....SUPPOSEDLY :rolleyes: so we'll see how that goes.

Then, in 1995, a German tobacconist was lucky enough to have 1000 boxes of 10 made for him in the partagas factory, and sold out in hours.

Actually Christopher finally got them made in 2005, not 1995. I bought three boxes and smoked all but 3-4 of them. Probably the best "new" cigar made recently, IMHO. Not the same as the originals, but still very high quality leaf and well made. The original ones were not highly sought after until several years after they stopped making them. The prices they get for a box of these nowadays is outrageous, even with their rich, earthy flavor. I've got one older one saved to smoke at the LOL Herf this year, maybe. :)