• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bolivar Immensas (1997)

FatherTiresius

Watcher of the Skies
Careful what you wish for around here. I made a casual comment that I wasn't too familiar with the Bolivar line of Havanas and suddenly everyone was offering to enlighten me. Tonight I got acquainted with a 1997 Immensas that Allofus gifted me; here's what I thought of it.

Bolivar Immensas (1997)
6 3/4 x 43

Here, hard up against the Front Range, we don't have true sunsets. But we do have a false twilight that starts when the sun dips below the mountains and lasts until it sets below the unseen far horizon an hour or so later. This is my favorite time of day. This afternoon as the sun dropped behind the Rampart Range just north of Pike's Peak, I settled in on my patio with a cigar and a glass of pinot noir.

Perfectly constructed, this Dalia has a nice feel to it. It's one of those cigars that sits well in your hand. Not as solid and compact as a Partagas Serie D No. 4, it is still firm and hefty. The box pressed shape seemed to fit my hand as if designed for it. The wrapper was a uniform and finely veined medium brown - the color of milk chocolate.

It lit like a dream and I was immediately greeted with the smooth flavors of cafe-au-lait, an undertone of wood and that unmistakable twang. One thing I like about the longer vitolas is how cool they burn especially at first. There was no harshess ever. As I continued to enjoy it, the coffee flavors modulated into cocoa and eventually spice. The finish was long, elegant and slightly sweet. The woody component remained throughout and perhaps intensified in the final third. It produced copious volumes of smoke from start to finish. Everyone talks about the power of Bolis. This had plenty of body but was never out of balance: an iron fist in a velvet glove. A crooked burn had to be adjusted twice but it burned just fine from the midway point on.

In retrospect a full-bodied brown ale would have perhaps been a better accompaniment but I'm currently between batches of homebrew. (I haven't bottled my last batch of stout and I haven't started my next batch of saison.) I also wonder how it would have been with a pot of Tanzanian Peaberry. But all in all, a wonderful cigar experience. Thanks Kenny....thanks very much.

Yeah FT, sounds like you definitely enjoyed that ceegar..... :thumbs:
Great review and like PG said, a great gift from Allofus to make this all reality.

FT great review just picked up some a couple a weeks ago. Beautiful smoke :thumbs: I love that first puff after you've toasted the foot, hmmmm yummy smoked that baby right down to my finger tips :love: :love:

BenjieV :D

Sniffle.... sniffle......The guy just brings tears to my eye's! :thumbs: