• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bonds Indicted

Fpkjr

I just read the Fed. Grand Jury indicted Bonds of Perjury and Obstruction.. I wonder what they have on him now that they didn't have last time around?

This ought to be interesting..

They had sh%t on him before. They offered him immunity for his testimony and he lied! So now the sh*t is hitting the fan. I guess they decieded to let pull all of their ducks out. It seems as thou balco had/has incriminating evidence on almost all of their clients filed away. MY ONLY THING IS that the government and media is fair and throw ALL the dirty laundry out there, be fair(yeah right). Who doesn't think Mark Mcquier used steriods? A. Rod probably is too. Come on

All in all steroids use is terrible for baseball and I can't believe the league let it go on for short term gains when it ultimately substantially hurt their reputation and credibility. Just look at the great stories its ruined for us Cardinals fans. First McGuire and now Ankiel (even though I don't think all criticism of Ankiel is entirely fair). Next time a player does something amazing I'll be distracted by wondering if he juiced.

If found guilty....I hope the first thing they do is take away his single season homerun record and the career homerun record.

Let's reset those records back to Maris and Aaron and be done with it already.

Possibility of 30 years in prison for some dumbass who's really only hurting himself? Seems a little extreme. Ban him from baseball, slap a huge fine on his ass, make him a spectacle but how is this fair when OJ (the murderer) can walk away with a slap on the wrist? I love baseball and I think Bonds is a real POS for what he did, but let's be reasonable - he should be banned for life and pay a fine. 30 years in prison??? I think we have our priorities all wrong... Come on, OJ didn't tell the truth, and that was for murder, not drug use. As always, this is just my opinion...

ANYONE ...ANYONE ....faces long term prison time for Federal perjury.

The Fed's gave him a shot to clean the plate...and he made it more dirty.

A-Rod will take care of any records that need to be cleaned. :sign:

How about those Red Sox guys? :cool:

I stand by my opinion that 30 years in prison is too steep when we consistently have murders and rapists getting off on only a few years in prison. Either way, I'm no Bonds fan, just a critic of our legal system. ;)

I stand by my opinion that 30 years in prison is too steep when we consistently have murders and rapists getting off on only a few years in prison. Either way, I'm no Bonds fan, just a critic of our legal system. ;)
I'm not sure he would serve the whole sentence. Also, murder and the like are usually state felonies and sentencing is up to each state. The federal system is a whole other ball of earwax. I'm not saying I disagree with your main point, I personally think too many criminals get off with way too little time.

Also, OJ never testified under oath in court. I don't think a "100% not guilty" plea counts. :)

Bonds is an a-hole for sure, but there are a lot of other people that have damaged baseball over the last 15 years. They should all be dealt with in some way by the league.

If Bonds broke the law he should be brought to justice, just like anyone else.

First time Federal Offense....he won't even sniff 30years. Though I agree with your line of thought Rod.

I agree with Rod, take away his records and ban him from the Hall of Fame. Let him spend a few months in jail for perjury. Other than the lying and dragging baseball down, he only harmed himself. Hell, IMHO Martha Stewart did much worse and got off with a slight slap on the wrist.

Ken

So if Bonds goes to federal prison do you think they'll let him play for the C-block Base Stealers? If he hits one over the fence there, who will they let out to get the ball back?

I agree w/ Rod, and i'd think our Gov't has bigger fish to fry than some butthead that took steroids, like hawk down real criminals. It's perplexing to me why people get so wrapped around the axle over a silly game, when we have MUCH bigger issues to deal with, but that's just my opinion...

Ummmm...I'm just stating a fact of the federal system.
Much harsher penalties are usually faced...whether they come about ...that's another story.

The man shouldn't have lied.

Ummmm...I'm just stating a fact of the federal system.
Much harsher penalties are usually faced...whether they come about ...that's another story.

The man shouldn't have lied.

and i'm not saying he shouldn't be punished if he (doesn't sound like much 'if') broke the law, celebrities should be treated no differently than average Joe. I could actually care less about Barry Bonds, he's a jerk.

When your given immunity for your testimony and you lie you broke the law.. They use this tactic all the time with organized crime. It prevents someone from hiding behind the 5th amendment.
This POS should have come clean he had to know eventually this day would come.. In effect what he did was put a bigger mark on himself and pissed off the Federal Prosecutor. I have no doubt he see prison, 30 years however I doubt it. IMO, they should wipe the record, ban him for life, and hit him with a hefty fine (one that really hurts him, say his last 5 year's salary combined)

I agree with Rod and the others about our Criminal Justice System. I don't have those answers too far above my pay grade.
:rolleyes:

At MOST they will give him a year.. probably/maybe. As far as the lying, who wouldn't lie with what he had on the line?! I don't think there is single top professional athlete that would just give it up and tell the truth. Look at Marion Jones. He had alot on the line, alot of people who wanted him to fall so they can feel better about themselves. Bonds, and Jones were already top athletes and would be the best at what they do naturally but they wanted to be THAT much better! Trust me when I say that steriods is not going to turn Mr Couch potato or even an average player into a home run machine, or everyone would be hitting 70homers a season. He and the others like him got greedy. The example I always give is the people who work out and say, oh if I took all that they(bodybuilders) take I'd be that big also. But in every gym I've been in, in recent years you have people doing tons of drugs, shit that only a fool would do and still are not bigger than the average joe. Genetics, genetics, genetics!!

But the bottom line is he lied and GOT CAUGHT! Joe blow who nobody cares about because he's only hitting 5 homers is loaded to the hilt and nobody will say a word.

There's a difference between being indicted and being convicted, the Duke Lacrosse rape debacle comes to mind. I'm not a BB fan, by any means, but i don't know what he did or didn't do, and Prosecutors aren't above being vindictive and causing people grief, even though they don't have a concrete case. After reading up on it a little, Bonds and his Atty. were not surprised by this, so i wonder do they know they can easily beat the charge? I dunno, sure seems like BB took steriods, and thus lied when he said he didn't take 'roids.