• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Boone, NC

Dr. Marneaus

I drive a station wagon
Girl goes to school at App State, her spring break was last week, mine is this week. She was in vegas while I was in class, now I'm in Boone, while she's in class.

Only issue is.... there is stuff to do in Vegas. And Cigars to smoke.

The weather is cold here, about 40 degrees, I only have a few cigars (some patel juniors and a Montecristo).

Anyone ever been here and have any idea of anything to do? I wish I had brought a ton more cigars so I could just smoke all day but that didnt happen. And I dont know if there are any B&M's...only place we have seen is "smokes and more" which is like a generic smoke shop.

Sigh, she better transfer out of here.

I hate to say this but "Boone" ryhmes with "Boonies" which sounds a little like "Boring". {{Shrugs}} Sorry dude.

The Blue Ridge Parkway is a beautiful drive and some great scenery. Find a few good smokes and a warm coat, take a drive, find a scenic overlook, relax, and enjoy.

The Blue Ridge Parkway is a beautiful drive and some great scenery. Find a few good smokes and a warm coat, take a drive, find a scenic overlook, relax, and enjoy.

Yah I was looking at maps today, only issue is Girl needs her car to get to and from class, and obviously the jeep is in NV still.

Hmm, maybe I could leave her on campus for a few hours.

And yes, Boone = Boonies = middle of effin' nowhere.

Yah I was looking at maps today, only issue is Girl needs her car to get to and from class, and obviously the jeep is in NV still.

Or...you could take your skirt off and go somewhere fun yourself. Sounds like she's got you trained well if she runs off to Vegas to do...well it stays in Vegas, and you get to sit in her room while she's in class. :D

How far does she live from campus? Is it walking distance? Does she have studying she could spend some time in the library? Just some possible options to get you the car for a few hours.

Hey bro, have you ran out of cigars yet?

How long are you going to be there for?

If you're there for the rest of the week or however long, PM me your addy ASAP, I'll get some sticks out to you okay?

Ha Ha. Now you know how it is to live in my world. I live about thirty minutes from Boone. I went to ASU as well. There isn't much cigar wise around. There is the newstand over by Harris Teeter thats sells cigars. They have a small walk in. I think that there is a place over in Blowing Rock, but I have never been to it. Enjoy your stay. Maybe we will get a day this week that isn't too windy to get out and smoke.

Or...you could take your skirt off and go somewhere fun yourself. Sounds like she's got you trained well if she runs off to Vegas to do...well it stays in Vegas, and you get to sit in her room while she's in class. :D

How far does she live from campus? Is it walking distance? Does she have studying she could spend some time in the library? Just some possible options to get you the car for a few hours.

Hahaha, I left my skirt in vegas. I was in class/work the whole time she was in Vegas, so it's the same when I'm here, our breaks didn't line up, so we got 2 weeks, but one of us is busy each week.

Not walking distance, tomorrow she has class/work from 10-11pm pretty much straight, so I told her I will drop her off and pick her up after work. Sooooo, I'll have the car. Maybe head over to Blowing Rock and see that lil town.

If you're there for the rest of the week or however long, PM me your addy ASAP, I'll get some sticks out to you okay?

After I smoke the Monte tonight, I'll have 2 or 3 Patel Juniors (the lil tiny ones in the tin) left. That's all I have until Monday night when I get home.

Ha Ha. Now you know how it is to live in my world. I live about thirty minutes from Boone. I went to ASU as well. There isn't much cigar wise around. There is the newstand over by Harris Teeter thats sells cigars. They have a small walk in. I think that there is a place over in Blowing Rock, but I have never been to it. Enjoy your stay. Maybe we will get a day this week that isn't too windy to get out and smoke.

Yah, I been here a few times before this, but never for a week, always just a few days. Nice area and all, but not for me. I'll stick to Vegas.

After I smoke the Monte tonight, I'll have 2 or 3 Patel Juniors (the lil tiny ones in the tin) left. That's all I have until Monday night when I get home.

So PM me your addy dude...no man should be cigarless!!!

Well, good luck and hopefully you find something fun to do.

K, off to find some dinner.

If you're ever around NC find a Cookout and go to it.

best burgers ever!!!!

Hey Andrew,

Your girl's mailbox to detonate in a couple days...

DC #0308 0070 0000 9148 0819

Try the Dan'l Boone Inn for some of the best home-cookin' meals you've ever eaten.

And, here's some cigar stores in and around Boone/Blowing Rock. Never been to them so I d/k what they have but you could call before going there.

Boone has a very good mass transit bus system too.

Dan

been to the Boone inn, and yes, it was very good food. Went there a few visit's ago, girl's grand parents took us out.

I have the car today, I think I'm going to go to brunch with her after her class then find some stuff to do.

Hey Andrew,

Your girl's mailbox to detonate in a couple days...

DC #0308 0070 0000 9148 0819

Thanks bruddah!

I just wanna add that this place has shitty weather. Every time I've been here it's always been cold or windy or wet. I want my desert back haha.

I'm pretty sure there aren't too many places that will be able to keep up with Vegas.....especially not Boone. I'm not big on Boone, if I go to the mountains, it's either towards Asheville or Gatlinburg, a lot more things to see and do around either one of those places.

I'm pretty sure there aren't too many places that will be able to keep up with Vegas.....especially not Boone. I'm not big on Boone, if I go to the mountains, it's either towards Asheville or Gatlinburg, a lot more things to see and do around either one of those places.

Mhm, I'm not saying the only type of life I appreciate is the hectic full on party city never sleeps Vegas type life...I love the outdoors love the country (sometimes) etc, I grew up in NH and only have lived in Vegas for 2 years full time now.

But I do not like wind, I do not like rain, I do not like seeing a butt load of big ole lifted jeeps driving around when mine is 2000 miles away, and I do not like 40 degree weather and lack of cigars.

That being said, I DO like girl and she lives here. So.....Guess I'll be driving a toyota matrix, smoking fewer cigars and being cold/wet for the rest of the week!

dunno why someone would wanna go to school here tho....

I only go to Boone to snowboard, other than that there didn't seem much more to do.

As stated before, the only thing close to a B&M that I have found is the news stand near Harris Teeter. Haven't found the one in Blowing Rock. I spend a month or two up there in the summer when it is warmer. Can't stand the cold. We fish, hike, fish, hang out on the Blue Ridge Parkway, smoke cigars on the porch, drink beer and did I mention fish. Don't know much about what to do in the winter except ski / snowboard and freeze.

Lightninrod does love the DBI. We went there last summer. There are a couple of pretty good BBQ joints around - the Woodlands in Blowing Rock comes to mind. The have entertainment nightly. I have only been there for lunch.

The ASU's Gospel Choir performance is tonight. I would guess it isn't combined with a HERF. :rolleyes:

Terry

"smokes n' more" which the girl said was a generic smoke shop with all sorts of random stuff like nascar hats actually has an incredible Fuente stock inside a humidor which she never knew existed.

Boxes of Hemingway Maduro's caught my eye..... bunch of fuente sun grown stuff, a lot of other things too. Didn't get a real close look but I'm going back today.

Apparently Hemingway Maduro's are rare? If anyone wants some I can pick em up....