• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Boston expanded smoking restrictions

Blows my mind that Holland wants to restrict tobacco smoke, but not marijuana. More evidence that the "drug" control policy here in the USA is ridiculous.

Dayton has a ban on smoking indoors. They say it was done out of a health concern for the workers in the businesses, second hand smoke, blah, blah, blah. It strikes me as funny that a government would go to such lengths to ban the use of a product that is LEGAL, REGULATED, and HEAVILY TAXED. If you are going to hang your hat on the health effects why is tobacco legal to grow, process, sell and use. It's because no level of government wants to lose the money the industry generates.

Why taget a business that specifically caters to cigar/hookah smokers. If you walk into a cigar bar, you should expect to be exposed to second hand smoke. If you work in one you most definately should expect to be exposed.

I think the local & state governments are missing the boat here. They should be pushing air quality standards within the establishments. I think its a fair compromise that everyone can live with.

Just my $.02!!

Cheers,

T

You guys should quit your fuggin' crying. For 20yrs I had to wait for some idiot to light a lamp before I could smoke. ;) :laugh: Seriously, it's time to plan and build your smoking rooms,or befriend someone that has one. I couldn't live without mine and neither could my smoke nazi wife. Try as we may, we'll never win this battle. So, improvise, adapt, overcome.

Doc.

You guys should quit your fuggin' crying. For 20yrs I had to wait for some idiot to light a lamp before I could smoke. ;) :laugh: Seriously, it's time to plan and build your smoking rooms,or befriend someone that has one. I couldn't live without mine and neither could my smoke nazi wife. Try as we may, we'll never win this battle. So, improvise, adapt, overcome.

Doc.

Agreed. I don't know where I would be without my Den in the colder months. With the air purifier I have at the moment, it takes about two days to get rid of the smoke smell, but it is still worth the quantum of solace.

what is the latest with the boston cigar bar smoking bans and other bans or regulaitons that the health commission passed a couple weeks ago? what are the cigar bars planning to do or the tax payers of the city? legally, the odds are that the city will loose. i have a list of reasons that are three pages long that i will not get into hear but what it really boils down to is the the members on the commission all have a personal emotional vendeta which disregarded the concerns of over 200 people that attended one of the hearings i have heard. they have a hateful discrimanatroy mission against smokers that drives them to enact such ludicrious laws. they are challenging US - society, to see how far they can go, if WE not do anything it will get worse. next, bakeries will be out of business because they have restricted only one donut/person/month due to concerns with obesity and heart attacks.

the commission does not look at the big picture and how such laws have a ripple effect on the economy, privacy, freedom, independency, one's rights, impacting the culture of the city and turing boston into a clown among all other cities. a city is a melting pot, a place where one can go to experience diversity. cigar bars are just a small percentage of the businesses in the city. they give the city pizzaz and personality. what is the commission doing here? cigar bars attract cigar smokers! why regulate something that does not want regulation, is not a true public place but a specialty use and there are no impacts w/ second hand smoke cause they are all in the same boat? by doing this, does the commission want to get the death rate of lung cancer down to zero. enough is enough, there is already a ban in place for public places, the buck stops there, they are abusing their authority and the mayor has allowed it! i am also concerned about the ban on loading docks (those poor blue collar workers that are the driving force of society's goods and services!!) and patio areas of restaurants. they are outside! It should all be challenged, ya have my support!

Sid.

Us Rhody's are in trouble too, since we always follow suit with Mass. I know the guys over at Cigar Masters (Providence & Boston). It's a real nice spot, hopefully they don't get run out of town over health/money conscious politicians.

I hope there is some membership type thing they can set up to get around this ban should it come to that.

I was speaking to my attorney last year about this problem when evaluating a hookah bar. There is some sort of loop hole for membership based bars.

I was speaking to my attorney last year about this problem when evaluating a hookah bar. There is some sort of loop hole for membership based bars.

I've been hearing about the restrictions a loophole would be interesting. I'm looking forward to my next weekend in boston, will at least get to hit some b&m's before they run into problems. Isn't it going to hit them in 10 years?