• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Boston Needs Your Help

PGK

Banned
The Boston Health Committee is trying to close all cigar bars within the city. There is a public forum tomorrow at 10 am and another at 5 pm where the public is welcome to share their thoughts on the matter. As some of you know I work at Cigar Masters ( a cigar bar in Boston )

We need as many emails opposing the closing of cigar bars as possible by tomorrow morning.

If you could please take 2 minutes and write a short email simply expressing your opposition and address it to boardofhealth@bphc.org and CC info@cigarmasters.com I would be forever grateful.

This is how it starts and if I have anything to say about it, this is where it will stop!

Every voice helps.

Thank you,

Pat

I don't understand why this is happening. I mean, I understand banning smoking in bars, restaurants, and social events but a CIGAR bar?! People don't go to these kinds of places to eat a fine dinner with their kids nor go there to get just a shot of Hennessy, for that, there are other bars. That's ridiculous.

Yes you can send an email even if you are from another state

They are claiming that the second hand smoke is killing us the employees. Apparently it is now the role of the government to play parent to all of us.

If you lose your house because you job got eliminated is that going to improve your health? Are the unemployed or Homeless typically healthier than people with jobs/

email sent

I recently read on an Internet forum that you were considering closing cigar bar in the city. It is my understanding that you have concerns for the health of the employees. My first thought was, ‘How are they going to pay for health care when their job is eliminated?” I find it hard to believe that second hand smoke is a larger detriment to a person’s health than being unemployed, uninsured and potentially homeless.

I don’t know if you noticed but the economy isn’t doing so well and jobs are pretty hard to find.

Thanks
Andy Sparks
A cigar enthusiast