• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Botique Cigars and Quality American Smokes

Coinguy89

New Grower
I'm going to be growing my own tobacco soon and would like to know if you guys know of any higher quality, botique-like cigar companies that only produce a small marginal number of cigars or perhaps, even a backyards worth. Please mention the particular companies, brands, makers, and/or links to their websites. Obviously, nothing machine made, all hand rolled botique cigars. I'm looking for something to guage the flavors of my particular tobaccos with and I believe I'd have a better opportunity of getting in touch with these people to exchange ideas. I don't need "growing and aging secrets," as I've already got my system down with a rare cookbook so to speak. If you've smoked them the particular cigars you reference please mention it and your opinions. Thanks guys!

I'm going to be growing my own tobacco soon and would like to know if you guys know of any higher quality, botique-like cigar companies that only produce a small marginal number of cigars or perhaps, even a backyards worth. Please mention the particular companies, brands, makers, and/or links to their websites. Obviously, nothing machine made, all hand rolled botique cigars. I'm looking for something to guage the flavors of my particular tobaccos with and I believe I'd have a better opportunity of getting in touch with these people to exchange ideas. I don't need "growing and aging secrets," as I've already got my system down with a rare cookbook so to speak. If you've smoked them the particular cigars you reference please mention it and your opinions. Thanks guys!

???

I don't understand what you're looking for. I certainly don't understand your motivation.

Oh, and who are you?

Wilkey

I think he/she is looking to grow there own tobacco and wants someone else to process it for them (dry, age, roll ect.) As for what they hope to achieve by all of this idk. I've herd of people doing there own cigarettes like this but not cigars.

I think he/she is looking to grow there own tobacco and wants someone else to process it for them (dry, age, roll ect.) As for what they hope to achieve by all of this idk. I've herd of people doing there own cigarettes like this but not cigars.

My name is Scott. I'm looking to grow my own tobacco as just a fun experiment and wish to go through the whole process myself, all the way from the seeds to the box. If they turn out good or decent I'd like to give them away to some friends and family.

I think your best bet is to just go for it. Sound like a fun experiment. I wish i had a yard to try it myself. Just take lots of pictures and post your progress on the board. Them maybe send a few sticks to some respected reviewers on the board to give you their opinion. But really all that matters is if you are happy with your accomplishment of seeing everything through from beginning to end. Good Luck!

I remember bilder was trying this, or was gonna try to grow his own. PM him.

My name is Scott. I'm looking to grow my own tobacco as just a fun experiment and wish to go through the whole process myself, all the way from the seeds to the box. If they turn out good or decent I'd like to give them away to some friends and family.

Where are the fields located?

You'll need virgins to roll the cigars on their thighs if you want to produce quality sticks! :love:

I had a neighbor once who used to smoke something he grew in his backyard too! Let me see if I can find his number and I will hook you two up. :rolleyes:

Good luck with the endeavor.

You'll need virgins to roll the cigars on their thighs if you want to produce quality sticks! :love:

Now, what if a more, uh, experienced, roller produces cigars on the thighs of a virgin? Would that be OK?

Now, what if a more, uh, experienced, roller produces cigars on the thighs of a virgin? Would that be OK?

I don't know if that would work, I mean how long will the virgin remain a virgin? And once they are no longer a virgin are the cigars still the desired quality? If so how long can quality cigars be rolled on the thighs of a former virgin and still be quality cigars?

I think we need some definitive answers. Does anybody know someone who may take on the task?

:D

I seem to recall that there was an article in Cigar Magazine last year where a guy wrote about his experience doing exactly this. I'll go and see if I can locate it.

Wilkey

I don't know if that would work, I mean how long will the virgin remain a virgin? And once they are no longer a virgin are the cigars still the desired quality? If so how long can quality cigars be rolled on the thighs of a former virgin and still be quality cigars?

I think we need some definitive answers. Does anybody know someone who may take on the task?

:D

Once she is no longer a virgin the product is not as desirable, and is referred to as "seconds".

I seem to recall that there was an article in Cigar Magazine last year where a guy wrote about his experience doing exactly this. I'll go and see if I can locate it.

Wilkey

Yup, and then wasn't he invited to Casa Fuente by Carlos?

HERE is some interesting information. and HERE is the one I think Wilkey was talking about.

:cool:

I think its a great idea! Please keep us informed (with pictures if possible) of how your experiment progresses.

I've had the Virginia Blue on my wishlist, but I haven't found one yet :sign:

Search the web for "Virginia Blue" cigars.