• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Boveda Hygometer Calibration Kit directions?

BKSinAZ

Could someone post or point me in the direction to view detailed directions on how to use the Boveda Hygometer Calibration Kit before I purchase?
I already looked on Boveda's website and I could not find directions

thanks

Open the bag, put your hygrometer in it.

Close the bag.

Put it in a larger zip-lock bag, close that one as well.

Wait 24-48 hours.

Adjust your hygrometer accordingly.

Close the bag.

Wait 24-48 hours.

Well........ what should an accurate hygrometer read after sitting in a Boveda bag? 75% just like a salt test?

Close the bag.

Wait 24-48 hours.

Well........ what should an accurate hygrometer read after sitting in a Boveda bag? 75% just like a salt test?

If I remember correctly the Calibration sets are 75.5% rH. It is clearly labeled on the package, so what ever it says should be good. D

Do you have a adjustable Hygrometer? Digital?

Close the bag.

Wait 24-48 hours.

If I remember correctly the Calibration sets are 75.5% rH. It is clearly labeled on the package, so what ever it says should be good. D

Yes. I have a XiKar digital which has a button to press to calibrate to 75%. I also have a Promethious digital with no means of adjustment. Will be mainly relying on the XiKar and use the Promethious as a backup.

Close the bag.

Wait 24-48 hours.

Yes. I have a XiKar digital which has a button to press to calibrate to 75%. I also have a Promethious digital with no means of adjustment. Will be mainly relying on the XiKar and use the Promethious as a backup.

Solid plan. I do believe its 75.5 for the kits. As far as the Prometheus goes, just take a piece of tape and put "+/-" whatever on it, so that you remember.

Close the bag.

Wait 24-48 hours.

Solid plan. I do believe its 75.5 for the kits. As far as the Prometheus goes, just take a piece of tape and put "+/-" whatever on it, so that you remember.

thank you

Also, don't forget to calibrate after everytime you change the batteries.

PS- Breedy may or may not be registered in a mental institution for pyschopaths, so take his advice with a grain of salt there Bskinz.... ;)

The humidifier that comes with the Boveda calibration kit is about a quarter the size of the standard Boveda pack, which is available for 75% at about a buck less than the calibration kit. So even though you'd have to supply your own ziplock bag to test a hygrometer, why not jusy opt for the regular 75% Boveda pack?