• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Boveda One-Step Calibration

H311oLHD

Sorry, very quick question here:

Is it likely that a Boveda One-Step Calibration Humidipak could be dried out PRIOR to breaking the seal of the calibration kit? Reason I ask, this is my first experience using one and I got it from a Binny's Alcohol and Cigar store. I don't know how many of these they move or how old they could be. The pack feels solid, almost like a dried out Humipack feels. I am wondering if the one I purchased is old? I will find out in 24 hrs, but just curious, thanks in advance.

-Aaron

I have used a couple of them and they have never felt solid. Think you have may have gotten a dud :(

I'd say it's bad. I have a pak sitting in one of my boxes that has that same solid feeling around the edges. Been in there about 2 months-ish

The pack should definitely not feel hard at all. It should feel soft, and squishy. If it feels hard then there must have been a hole or something in the back that allowed it to dry out

Dave

Damn, thanks all.

I figured that something was fishy and should have gone with my gut. I stopped off @ my B&M today and picked up a 69% humipack. I'll be able to use that to calibrate, but unfortunately wont be able to reset my Xikar.

Why don't you just use the Salt method to calibrate/reset the Xikar Hygro?