• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Box code help

bmd34202

Has anybody seen a cabinet of SLR A's...or ANY ISOM for that matter...that had a year stamped on it with all 4 digits (2003) instead of 2 digits (03)?

It's from a repuatable vendor, but this date issue has me suspicious.

Has anybody seen a cabinet of SLR A's...or ANY ISOM for that matter...that had a year stamped on it with all 4 digits (2003) instead of 2 digits (03)?

I've not seen that anywhere but many others here probably have a better answer.

I've not seen that anywhere but many others here probably have a better answer.

I'll second that - never seen a 4 digit date code. And I'm sure others on here know better...

Well here is the vendors reply:

Hi Brett,

Your information is incorrect. Please go onto some of the large cigar boards like www.herfersparadise.net and www.cigarweekly.com and speak to some of the experienced folks on the cigar boards over there. They will confirm with you that a few of the lots did have the full year in 4 digits shown.

??

I have seen authentic boxes with 3 digits ex: DIC003 but haven't seen 4 yet.

~M

Well here is the vendors reply:

Hi Brett,

Your information is incorrect. Please go onto some of the large cigar boards like www.herfersparadise.net and www.cigarweekly.com and speak to some of the experienced folks on the cigar boards over there. They will confirm with you that a few of the lots did have the full year in 4 digits shown.

??

:angry:

That's an indirect insult to this board!

:laugh:
CigarWeakly is turning into a ghost town. I'd hardly call that one of the "larger boards" at this point.

I have six different SLR Serie A CABS and all of them have "03" as opposed to "2003."

Maybe I've just never seen one before.

I've seen 4 digit year stamps on '03 stuff. It's rare, but I believe the only box of '03's that I have bought, a box of Montecristo #4's, had a 4 digit stamp. If it's from a trusted vendor, I wouldn't worry.

rafael gonzales...panatelas extra (date stamp was) ago *2004*

only box i have seen with a 4 digit year and only one i have seen with stars on either side of the year...purchased at an lcdh in vara .

derrek :)

rafael gonzales...panatelas extra (date stamp was) ago *2004*

only box i have seen with a 4 digit year and only one i have seen with stars on either side of the year...purchased at an lcdh in vara .

derrek :)

That's interesting, Derrek. I've not seen a 4-digit code although I have a box of HU CMaj "004."

Wilkey

I've seen 4 digit year stamps on '03 stuff. It's rare, but I believe the only box of '03's that I have bought, a box of Montecristo #4's, had a 4 digit stamp. If it's from a trusted vendor, I wouldn't worry.

See, problem solved! :thumbs: Thanks Matt.