• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Boxes for a Wedding

Irish

XXXL
My sister is getting married in a few weeks and I've been given the duty of getting a couple of boxes of cigars for the occasion. There will be a mix of cigar experience - a handful of folks like myself who are really into the hobby, a few who will grab a stick "just because" and everywhere in between. I've got a few different ideas, but was curious what the masses thought with regards to getting two boxes of one brand/type, or two separate boxes. With the spread in tastes, I was thinking of maybe getting one box of mild cigars like the Romeo j Julieta Vintage line and then a box of Padron 2ks or Oliva Vs for the more seasoned smokers. Alternatively, I could grab a couple of boxes of hemingways short stories or best sellers or possibly some Johnny-Os if they're available. What do you guys think, any pros/cons to having 2 different offerings or should I stick with one type of stick?

What's your budget?

Two different types would be better. If you're actually part of the wedding maybe some Padron 1964's or something for the groomsmen. If you're just in charge of the cigars for various people then your ideas seem fine. People might not appreciate the Johhny-o's if they aren't familiar with them.

Also something to think about is will they be smoked right away or will some people want to take them home to enjoy at a later time. It's hard to imagine 40-50 people all smoking at once at a wedding, though I could be wrong. You might want to consider something in a tubo variety for this purpose. Easier to toss into a suit jacket pocket and not have to worry about it getting damaged.

What's your budget?

Two different types would be better. If you're actually part of the wedding maybe some Padron 1964's or something for the groomsmen. If you're just in charge of the cigars for various people then your ideas seem fine. People might not appreciate the Johhny-o's if they aren't familiar with them.

I agree. also, you can never go wrong with a Padron.

Also something to think about is will they be smoked right away or will some people want to take them home to enjoy at a later time. It's hard to imagine 40-50 people all smoking at once at a wedding, though I could be wrong. You might want to consider something in a tubo variety for this purpose. Easier to toss into a suit jacket pocket and not have to worry about it getting damaged.
true. Some places like smoke inn also does custom banding.

I agree with the Padron's form the wedding party... For other I would look at San Lotanos or Fuente Queen or King B's... Great mild to medium smoke for such a event. And the display of the cigar looks classy as well....

This is what I was going to say. Also is why I went with the Ashton Imperial for my wedding.

Let us know what you chose.

Paul

Avo Classic #2 tubos. Great cigar with smooth flavor, but not a strong cigar, so you're less likely to knock a non smoker on his or her ass.

I agree with the Padron's form the wedding party... For other I would look at San Lotanos or Fuente Queen or King B's... Great mild to medium smoke for such a event. And the display of the cigar looks classy as well....

I was going to say the Queen B or King B myself. Milder, sweeter stick that won't hurt anyone, attractive shape, and kind of the size that non-cigar smokers tend to want to smoke.

Give 'em a night they'll never forget...

A box of LFD Double Ligero Chisels and another box of LFD Double Ligero Diggers. My pops always says, if you can't fix it, get a bigger hammer.

A box of LFD Double Ligero Chisels and another box of LFD Double Ligero Diggers. My pops always says, if you can't fix it, get a bigger hammer.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Thank you for the feedback everyone. These are moreso meant for general hand-outs, I have some high-end goodies for the groomsmen that I'll probably keep separate. I was looking at maybe $6-7 a stick max.

LOL, nice. My sister would kill me for turning all her guests green :laugh:

White Owls come in tubes and there are a myriad of flavor choices available. Something to suit just about every palate...