• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Breaking it In

bfreebern said:
Just use panty hose like I do. Of course, put the beads in the panty hose.
[snapback]267987[/snapback]​

I'm glad you clarified that!!! :laugh:

You should be happy that I allow your beads in my panty hose.

:sign:

Bill Clinton said:
Jeffro600 said:
Bill Clinton said:
If you order the beads, don't order the tubes. Order the beads with the drawstring mesh bags instead. The tubes have red end caps which emit a plastic odor to them that will smell up the inside of your humidor.
[snapback]267978[/snapback]​

Careful with your wording there....

As far as i can tell, your the ONLY one whos had this issue with his tubes. :rolleyes:
[snapback]268062[/snapback]​

I don't know why your end caps don't have the plastic odor, but mine really did emit a plastic odor. Maybe yours were from a different batch when they were originally manufactured? I am NOT the only person in here who experienced the end cap odor problem. I already spoke to a few people in this forum and in another cigar forum who are having the same exact end cap odor problem that I had and some of their cigars were affected by it. They told me that the odor from the end caps penetrated some of their cigars and that their cigars tasted bad because of this and they had to throw them away. They are not using the humi tubes anymore because of this. So, if you are going to use the beads, put them in pantyhose or into the drawstring mesh bags that Viper supplies.
[snapback]268096[/snapback]​

I feel I have to reply to this post. I have had 2 customers that have told me of their trouble with the end caps, Bill Clinton and one other. I have never heard of my customers having to throw away cigars due to the odor they perceive from the end caps. I can also state that I have had numerous customers who have stated that they have absolutely no problems with an odor. I am in the process of changing the caps to a different type but that is preventative on my part. I personally do not want even one customer unhappy with the product so if I have to change them I will.

bfreebern said:
You should be happy that I allow your beads in my panty hose.

:sign:
[snapback]268500[/snapback]​

You guys are starting to scare me..... :0

Devil Doc said:
Get Viper's beads. There're dummy proof, not however Bill Clinton proof.

Doc.
[snapback]267929[/snapback]​
LOL!

I just want to say that Viper's beads are excellent. And I like Viper's drawstring mesh bags that I put his beads in. My humidor is maintaining its humidity so far. Thank you Viper.

I've never had a problem either, and I use that exact same tube with the red cap.

However, bfreebern sent me some stockings to use for my beads, and now my humidor smells like ball sweat. Has anybody else had this problem? :0

JK

I have several of the tubes with the red caps, without the plastic smell. I use the bead tubes in my humi, cooler, and travel Cigar Caddy.

JimK said:
I've never had a problem either, and I use that exact same tube with the red cap.

However, bfreebern sent me some stockings to use for my beads, and now my humidor smells like ball sweat. Has anybody else had this problem? :0

JK
[snapback]268699[/snapback]​

LMAO. That is so sick it's funny. That's for putting a smile on my face. :laugh:

If the pantyhose came from bfreebern, I'm surprised thay had any "manly" odor at all! :p

Seriously, just don't make it more complicated than it has to be - add cigars, beads (in some sort of permeable container), and a source of moisture - sponge, etc., and everything will be fine.

Okay so I bought some "heartfelt beads" off of ebay today...
Pony%20Beads%20Heart-200.jpg

Not sure what good these things will do, but they were cheaper than going through the main website.

Add the pantyhouse and I think you guys are trying to make cigar storing the least manly thing in the world.

--nah-just kidding viper, I will send a purchase once I can sneak some money out of the wife's clothing budget. Thanks for the advice (minus the rants about pantyhose) and keeping the previous posts avalaible--

less off a dummy,
pugs

Pompous Pugs said:
Okay so I bought some "heartfelt beads" off of ebay today...
Pony%20Beads%20Heart-200.jpg

Not sure what good these things will do, but they were cheaper than going through the main website.

Add the pantyhouse and I think you guys are trying to make cigar storing the least manly thing in the world.

--nah-just kidding viper, I will send a purchase once I can sneak some money out of the wife's clothing budget.  Thanks for the advice (minus the rants about pantyhose) and keeping the previous posts avalaible--

less off a dummy,
pugs
[snapback]268856[/snapback]​

Put those things to work....wonder if I can get my supplier to make them like that. :laugh: