• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Brett Favre flop

I have to say, you may have spoken too soon. They are both doing well at "managing" their teams. I guess if your going by your saying you thought brett would be a "flop" ok then you may be wrong there. Pennington has surprised me by how well he and his team has done, and brett has surprised me by how well he hasn't done, but how much restraint he has shown to keep the jets on top of his division.

I won't be surprised to see the jets in the playoffs, and no matter what they do, I think its time for brett to hang it up. He is my favorite player ever, so I hate to say that, but still new system or not, he isn't what he used to be. He has his moments....but even those are fleeting at best. Hopefully they make some noise post season, and maybe he can get one last shot at it. Either way, he is hall of fame in my book. I will say as disappointed as I've been in the past about pennington, he has impressed me much more this year.

Thankfully none of them will ever play for the lions. They suck. Bad. Nuff said there, lol.

I may have conceded a bit early but in the spirit of things I am okay with it. I really thought this would be like many other aging HOF'ers who went somewhere else and did miserably. I still think it was dumb of the Jets unless they win it all this year.

Maybe I will get a chance to HERF with the winners someday to make it even more worthwhile.

Brett made another Pro Bowl (if that helps ease your mind) :laugh:

What do the Jets do now?

Favre is having bad games and, surprise, surprise, he is talking retirement. Last four games are 1-3 with 6 picks and 1 TD.

Favres numbers are terrible lately and the Jets may not make the playoffs.

Pennington is looking good as many thought he would once in a good system.

Where does this trade leave the Jets now that they have restructured their offense around Favre?

I figure the jets squeak in, get bounced in the second round and Farve retires for good this time. Then he trys his hand at espn, eventually fading to black shortly thereafter with a little boost when he gets in the HOF.

I really don't think the jets restructured their offense around Farve though, CS. They already had those pieces in place...I think it did cost them something in the draft if I recall. Theres lots of good QB's out there that are ready to step into the jets system....many of them second stringers on other good teams, plus probably a few gems they could polish up from the next draft...

They really need a better o-line imo though, and they need to use T-Jones more. That and someone like Thigpen. I think Farve can get the ball to the recievers accurately, but I think their timing is way off due to the lack of a full off season of practices with the team. Its almost like a team of individuals or something.

Lol, ya, we might be! Even though I love they guy, I hope he does not end up with the vikings. More and more he is starting to remind me of a spoiled brat. :(

Favre will look great in purple, particularly when playing the Packers.

He used to be the guy I most respected, now he is just another overpaid, primadonna, spoiled, asshat!

Favre lead the shoe-in Jets to an early out and Penningtion lead the lowly Dolphins to the playoffs. And the Jets get to start all over again while Pennington will lead the Dolphins to another season where they will finish better than the Jets. One of the dumbest moves the Jets have made in a sea of dumb moves.

He used to be the guy I most respected, now he is just another overpaid, primadonna, spoiled, asshat!

Favre lead the shoe-in Jets to an early out and Penningtion lead the lowly Dolphins to the playoffs. And the Jets get to start all over again while Pennington will lead the Dolphins to another season where they will finish better than the Jets. One of the dumbest moves the Jets have made in a sea of dumb moves.

I must agree with you on all counts. No one ever said the Jets were a smart organization.

Mr. Favre needs to let his legacy stand as it is and move on with his life. He reminds me of the Evander Holyfield, how much is enough?

The sad part? It probably put a few extra million in the Jet's bank and that's all that counts when it comes to business.

I heard today that he told minnesota he would stay retired. I hope it lasts.

Edited: because im dumb. And I heard he might not stay retired. sad. :(