• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Brett Favre flop

Thanks for the info. Its pretty interesting really, though I'm not sure I would call it a steady climb for the dolphins or a steady fall for the jets. They both seem mired around the same 4-5 spots week in, week out. Still though, these rankings are done through polls of different so-called experts, and because of that they are simply opinions of those experts and shouldn't be misconstrued as fact. A win-loss record is fact.

I don't see the jets performances as uncoordinated bad play and that they were lucky to win, I see them as gritty playmakers who made the plays needed to win....really I do. :whistling: Then again is the glass half empty or half full? lol

I believe pre-Favre the Jets were ranked around 20th. After the trade they went up to 14th, down to 19th after the first two losses and hovered in the 16-20 range. Miami started in the basement at 30 and has bounced around 24-26 since. Seems pretty similar results, unless you benchmark the 14th pre-season rank.

Where do ya'll think the ol J-E-T-S would be record wise with CP's 7TD - 3INT instead of Jet Favre's 15-11.... That's a lot of points to take off the board. Not sure how many of those INTs cost them games as I don't watch the Jet's often.

Thanks for the info. Its pretty interesting really, though I'm not sure I would call it a steady climb for the dolphins or a steady fall for the jets. They both seem mired around the same 4-5 spots week in, week out. Still though, these rankings are done through polls of different so-called experts, and because of that they are simply opinions of those experts and shouldn't be misconstrued as fact. A win-loss record is fact.

I don't see the jets performances as uncoordinated bad play and that they were lucky to win, I see them as gritty playmakers who made the plays needed to win....really I do. :whistling: Then again is the glass half empty or half full? lol

I wouldn't put a lot of stock in the power rankings either but they are actually done by a formula and not an opinion or poll. I do not watch a lot of Jet's games but they have been soundly criticized by TV analysts in the past few weeks for gun slinging when playing a team with a weak run defense.

Here is one of the formulas
Quality Points (QP): The total of victories of the teams you beat - the number of losses of the teams you lost to.
Road Win (RW): 6pts
Home Win (HW): 5pts
Point Differential (PD): 2% of teams total point differential
Total Games (TG): the number of games played by the team

Power Score = (QP+RW+HW+PD)/TG

I wouldn't put a lot of stock in the power rankings either but they are actually done by a formula and not an opinion or poll.

Really? I just had time to look at ESPN's rankings, but this is what they say right on their website power ranking page:

The rankings were determined by a poll of ESPN.com's NFL staff: writers John Clayton, Jeffri Chadiha, Tim Graham, Matt Mosley, James Walker, Kevin Seifert, Paul Kuharsky, Pat Yasinskas, Bill Williamson and Mike Sando; and Scouts Inc. Insiders Jeremy Green and Matt Williamson.

Maybe the others use the formula...when I have more time I will have to go back and take a look.

The Jets sit quietly at 6 - 3. :thumbs:

The Packers 4 - 5. :0

Favre would have to really screw up big time for me to win these bets :blush:

Oh well, I can't root against the guy so I guess I better buy some nice white owls.......what flavor do you guys like? ;)

WTF???!!! White Owls? :angry: I thought we had a gentleman's agreement that would've at least warranted Swisher's!! :laugh: :laugh:

I'd say at this point he couldn't be considered a flop, but the season isn't over yet.

He's got the Pats this week. This could be a pretty good barometer. J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!!! :whistling:

A good man knows when he is beat......me too! :)

I really thought that Favre would play so-so and the fans would crucify him leaving the organization holding a shit-storm. Favre has put the Jets where they wanted to be.....kudos to the old man!

PM me your addresses and your sticks will go out next week.

Great friggin' game last night. It's hard for me to see him not slinging the ball down field, but I think him and the coaches are doing everything they can to win games.

Man, when Moss caught that TD with 1 second left, I thought it was over. Glad to see the Jets take the ball and win the game in OT.

The NFL so needs to redo the OT rules. The games that go to OT are basically decided by a coin flip. Why not adopt the college rules and let the best team (not luckiest) win?

Yea the overtime rules do suck in te NFL, that was a great game by the Pats coming back from being down 24-6 in the first half and to loose by a coin toss. I'm taking anything away from the Jets they all played a great game and the Pats did shoot themselves in the foot a few times.

I'm just happy that the Pats are doing as well as they are without Brady.

Jets didn't win a football game. They won a coin toss.

Doc.

Doc.

I call that sour grapes! You can make grappa out of those Doc and I'll help you drink it :thumbs:

Now for one more win and my season is complete. That's all I thought the Jets would win with Farve at the helm.

Funny thing is that if the coin toss would have gone the other way those now complaining would be happy and those happy would be complaining about the OT rules. ;)

Doc.

I call that sour grapes! You can make grappa out of those Doc and I'll help you drink it :thumbs:

Now for one more win and my season is complete. That's all I thought the Jets would win with Farve at the helm.
You wouldn't be so quick to say that if you ever heard what my mother used to say about grappa drinkers.

Funny thing is that if the coin toss would have gone the other way those now complaining would be happy and those happy would be complaining about the OT rules. ;)
You have a penchant for the obvious.

Doc.

Doc.

You wouldn't be so quick to say that if you ever heard what my mother used to say about grappa drinkers.

You have a penchant for the obvious.

Doc.

I hope it doesn't ryhme with grappa :whistling:

Rules are rules. Would I have been upset if the Pats had won? Sure, but it was the Jets own fault that it went into OT in the first place.

Why the hell do you bump Moss all night long, not letting him catch any passes. Then with 8 seconds to go, you back way off of him and let him make that catch?

One helluva a game on Thursday. College OT would be fun as heck to watch. Then again, so would college football playoffs.. Freek the BCS!
Oh yeah! Go Brett! Looking good so far in the main category..There team is winning.