• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Brett Favre

The Volusianator

Tick Tock
Quotes today from NFL personalities in reference to Brett breaking the NFL all time touchdown passing record:

Dan Marino
"Hey Brett, it's Dan Marino. I'd like to take a minute to congratulate you on breaking one of the great records in sports. I loved holding the touchdown record for the past 13 years, but if someone was going to break it, I'm glad it was someone like you, who has always competed at the highest level and always played only to win. Over the past 17 years, you've been a credit to the Packers, and to the National Football League and to the sport that we all love so much. Brett, congratulations on touchdown 421!"

Roger Goodell
"Brett Favre is one of the greatest players in NFL history. He's so much fun to watch not only because of his talent but also because of his competitive spirit. He is the only player to win three MVP awards and his consecutive games streak at quarterback is a tribute to his toughness and passion for the game. Brett has been a leader on the field and in the community and his long list of accomplishments is truly remarkable. We have been fortunate to be able to watch him play this long and we all look forward to seeing him set many more records."

Mike Holmgren
"As proud and amazed as I am of what Brett is and has accomplished on the playing field, the thing that impresses me the most is what kind of a man and leader he has become off the field. I have taken great joy in watching him develop as a person and father over his career."

Terry Bradshaw
"Brett Favre is the best I have ever seen. And I've never said that about anybody. He's simply the best. He's got the strongest arm, athleticism, field presence, leadership, poise and tenaciousness. He plays hurt, he's fun, he's infectious. He has everything I want to see, including the game-time decisions, the strengths, and all the intangibles."

Steve Young
"If you haven't played quarterback in the NFL you truly don't understand just how difficult it is, let alone to be great at it. Throwing one touchdown is hard but to do what Brett has done, come on. You can't give that record enough respect. Couple that with the consecutive games streak and what he has accomplished is beyond imagination. To have one of those records is astronomical and he's got them all. It was an honor to compete against him and an honor to be his friend."

Any questions?

Any questions?

Who played Eddie Haskell on Leave It To Beaver? ???

Sorry, I'm too young to know that.

What I do know is that Brett is the only quarterback I've ever known. And I've been through a lot with him at the helm, ups, downs, drugs, devastating losses to Dallas in the playoffs... Been there for slumps and for streaks.
He played through it all.
He will always be #1 QB in my book.

Brett Favre has kept my interest in NFL football for the past 15 years. He has been the entire game to me. From the Superbowls, the comebacks, the strong arm, the interceptions, the pain killers, the fans, the haters in MN; all the way to these records and his imminent induction into the Hall of Fame. He is one of the greatest players to ever walk the fields.

And here he is, one of the oldest guys on the grass, leading a debatedly weaker team to a 4-0 record. Would somebody give this guy a Padron Anniversary and put him on the cover of Aficionado? Please.

Edit: Christ, I can't type.

I've told my boys way to many times that I hope they can appreciate and understand:

Brett Favre
Tiger Woods
Michael Jordan

They need to understand these athletes aren't the norm and that they are watching something truly amazing in sport.

I've told my boys way to many times that I hope they can appreciate and understand:

Brett Favre
Tiger Woods
Michael Jordan

They need to understand these athletes aren't the norm and that they are watching something truly amazing in sport.

A-frickin-men. But don't forget Barry Bonds and Mike Tyson. ??? I would add Roger Federer if he wasn't such a strange basterd. Not to mention he lacks the character these three display as human beings.

Back before the Patriots existed, I was a Packer fan. Bart Starr, Jim Taylor, Ray Nitzski, Jerry Kramer etc. There have never been tougher players. Favre could have played on those teams.

Doc.

Wow the guy is incredible, from two years ago people saying he should hang it up to last year to the beginning of this one. Yes he should be up there with Tiger and Jordan.

My birthday present from my father on my first birthday in 1971 was a Packers helmet. I still have it and my children wear it when we play "football" in the living room. I have been a Cowboys fan for over 30 years and have rooted against Favre many times but I have come to appreciate the warrior and competitor in him. He is a rare talent and any fan of the sport of football has to be a Brett Favre fan. He is a true football player.

snip....Any questions?
Yeah Wade, who's this Brett was-is-name?? :laugh:

J/K!!

Brett Favre
Tiger Woods
Michael Jordan

Of the 3 sports, Football is the least of which I've watched, and have never played the game, but his numbers speak for themselves, without a doubt.

There is also no doubt that Tigger and MJ are probably the greatest ever at their respective sports and have the ability to control the game like no other in the sport. I agree that the same goes for Farve.

Terry Bradshaw
"Brett Favre is the best I have ever seen. And I've never said that about anybody. He's simply the best. He's got the strongest arm, athleticism, field presence, leadership, poise and tenaciousness. He plays hurt, he's fun, he's infectious. He has everything I want to see, including the game-time decisions, the strengths, and all the intangibles."

Don't get me wrong, Born and raised in WI and Favre is an amazing QB but I do hate it when they bump the legends aside, Brett did beat Marino's record but Dan never held the record for most interceptions either.

Terry Bradshaw

Don't get me wrong, Born and raised in WI and Favre is an amazing QB but I do hate it when they bump the legends aside, Brett did beat Marino's record but Dan never held the record for most interceptions either.
Sometimes you just gotta take the good with the bad I guess.

I would really like to see him play at home once before he retires.

I would really like to see him play at home once before he retires.
Packer Fan Tours.com

Call them, ask for Nanci, tell her I sent you. They do travel, lodging and game ticket packages for all home and away games. Tailgate party included at Brett Favres Steakhouse...I DJ that party and would love to see you there.

Edited to make the link

Brett Favre
Tiger Woods
Michael Jordan

as long as were adding atheletes that have dominated their sport unlike anyone you will ever see in your lifetime, lets go ahead and put lance on the list.