• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bringing back an old American Icon... the cowboy boot!

Dave

Padilla Lanceros, yum yum!!
Ok, so I've been on the hunt for cowboy boots for over the past two years, but living in NYC has made it somewhat difficult to see if I actually like them. Been fortunate enough to run across a store with a pair of Justin Lizards in my size, bought them, wore them, broke them in, and fell in love. I've always been a boot person, sneakers just didn't cut it for me.

Now with some afterthought, and serious consideration, I finally pulled the trigger on some Black Jack Sharks, #0 toe and #4 cowboy heel and all. I'm so excited. I haven't been this excited since I learned that white castle sliders can have bacon bits in them. In a way, I really do envy those who live in the south where cowboy boots are so common, they have swap meets, and flea markets permeated with exotic skins at decent to great bargain prices. If only Paul Bonds were a little cheaper.

Real men wear Chippewa boots and toques.

Doc.

if you want an honest to goodness pair of boots you need to get a pair of custom made's. My father owns a pair of the late great Charlie Dunn's handmade boots, some considered to be the best boot maker ever. He was the star of a Jerry Jeff Walker song titled after his name but died some time back. I think he was making boots into the 80's.

A good pair of handmade boots is like having a glove put on your foot for the first time. Each foot is different and no man will ever get the same enjoyment from another's handmade boot.

I think i'll buck the system and wear a pair of my boots today. Here in houston its no longer accepted as gentlemens businessware, which is a complete crock of shit if you ask me.

Cowboy boots are my dress shoes.I also got married in boots and a Stetson.

Real men wear Chippewa boots and toques.

Doc.

How about Red Wing steel toes and John Deere hats?

Edit to add: Dave, that bit about not being so excited since you found out white castle sliders can have bacon bits on them absolutely made my day. Classic.

Practically all I wear, shoulda' PMed someone from TX and I'm sure they couldn't gotten you some!

I wear Ariats religiously...Something about the fit and the wear that I can't get enough of...

BTW...I'm sure one of the Texas guys wouldn't mind getting you some...I would if I was still there

Never understood the appeal of cowboy boots if you didn't need to find the stirrups. Pointy toes look like you should be killing bugs in the corner. What do I know, I've had the same pair of strap boots for 30 years.

I have a couple pairs and getting a black dress boot for Christmas. Wear them when I'm not in a suit...

Love my boots! I have everything from custom to off the shelf & fleamarket finds (no cockroach kickers or goat ropers though). :) Wear them as often as possible. Luckily, several people in my office, including the CEO & Chairman wear them! I have a pair of Black, bullhide Tony Lama's that fit like a glove; I've had them resoled 4 or 5 times. Western Warehouse is going out of business here in Dallas & they're having a blowout sale, might want to give them a call. :thumbs:

I am bringing back old-school black and white saddle shoes.....

I have a pair of cowboy boots somewhere, nice pair of Justins. I have not worn them in years.

I haven't been this excited since I learned that white castle sliders can have bacon bits in them.

I believe heaven has just opened and a glorious light shone down upon me. You have to be kidding me. How does one order these magical-sounding sliders. Also, I will have to make a road trip to find the nearest White Castle (all we have are Krystal in AL).

Ery

I'm a cowboy boot man!!!! I've worn cowboy boots since I was 12 and I'm now 46. I haven't even owned a pair of shoes except gym shoes for working out. Even my steel toed work boots are Double H steel toe cowboy boots. I really like the fit of Nocona boots especially the calf leather.

I have 13 pairs of boots. Every time i go to the trade show in Vegas I go to a store called cowtown boots and buy 4 or 5 pair. I wear them almost every day.

I have 1 pair of Justins. Nothing special just a real basic pair of boots but I love them. Most comfortable piece of footwear I own.