• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bringing back an old American Icon... the cowboy boot!

I currently have 10 pairs.

The most comfortable ones are a pair of Lucchese 2000 Kangaroos.

My second favorite are the Tony Lama Black Full Quill Ostrich.

haven't wore any in a few although I have a pair in the basement. My favorite was a nice pair of gray python that I wore to church every week. Heading to Texas this weekend. Might need to get me a pair.

I went to the Western Warehouse website, and it seems they've become part of the Boot Barn family. Nice selection of boots at decent prices. But I'm looking for something with a little more durability than the regular production boot, and didn't have the coin for a custom made boot, so I did a little digging, and found out about the Black Jack boot company.

Seems they are a group of former Lucchese employees who left and started their on their own. A lot of their boots were made to order and can have different styles, skins including exotics, and use durable all leather materials. Not really meaning to schill for Black Jack, but this is a relatively new boot maker as compared to the over 200 year old names like Nocona, Justin, Lucchese, and Lama, so it is still fairly unknown outside of the cowboy boot aficionado circle. It also helps that they have some of the harder to find animal skins like shark, elephant, and sting ray. I think my next pair might be some sting rays.

I'm still a little skeptical about them myself seeing as how their reputation isn't spread far and wide yet. Once my boots come in, I'll know for sure.

I bought a pair of needle toe, rodeo heel Texas brand boots in high school and they lasted through three resoles, two reheels, and twenty years before the vamps finally split apart. Loved those boots.

Had a pair of Tony Lama's, a yellow deerhide pair from Mexico with J-toes and rancher heels, and have been wearing steel-toed Justin lace-up ropers for awhile now.

Need a new pair. Now ya got me thinking!

~Boar

I expect you to be wearing them at one of our Wednesday herfs :thumbs:

Must of had my sharks for 15 years before they finally wore out.

The elephants that I have seem to be wearing as well as the sharks.

Can't wait to see that pair of sting ray.

Ok, so I've been on the hunt for cowboy boots for over the past two years, but living in NYC has made it somewhat difficult to see if I actually like them. Been fortunate enough to run across a store with a pair of Justin Lizards in my size, bought them, wore them, broke them in, and fell in love. I've always been a boot person, sneakers just didn't cut it for me.

Now with some afterthought, and serious consideration, I finally pulled the trigger on some Black Jack Sharks, #0 toe and #4 cowboy heel and all. I'm so excited. I haven't been this excited since I learned that white castle sliders can have bacon bits in them. In a way, I really do envy those who live in the south where cowboy boots are so common, they have swap meets, and flea markets permeated with exotic skins at decent to great bargain prices. If only Paul Bonds were a little cheaper.

Okay well all of this is just yappin without PICS! Lets see the boots

My second favorite are the Tony Lama Black Full Quill Ostrich.

Id love a pair of these aren't they about $500. defiantly cool...

Wore boots from the time I can remember anything. I still wear them every once in a great while, mostly on the farm. Have had a couple pair of Tony Lama's, nothin' fancy, but great boots. They hold up to all kinds of abuse. Still have the same pair I got my freshman year of college. (15 years ago)