• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bud Light Lime...

denverdog

Not now chief, I’m in the F**kin zone.
Like most weekends, Saturday night was spent in my garage, a bunch of buddies, cigars, pipes, darts, music and of course a never ending supply of good beer. As is typical everyone showed up with a mixed sixer of random beer which we enjoy until someone suggests we do something "big". Once that happens we reach for the fridge and spend a few minutes perusing the selection, looking for just the right beer. Usually it’s a bomber of something that I would normally only drink when I have good friends to share it with as that is half the fun of enjoying good beer. This occasion was much the same until my neighbor walked over and asked what we were up to. Someone spouted out "looking for what to drink next!" to which my neighbor who we will call "John" replied, "Oh, well hold on a second, I have something for ya!"

I knew this was going to be bad, you see John knows I am a craft beer lover, and he himself being a beer lover albeit bud light, loves to offer me a beer any time he sees me, which I usually politely turn down.

Well this was his big chance, he knew we were in between beers so he ran home, grabbed a handful of Bud Light Lime and proudly strolled into the garage like a new father and said, "Check it out, this stuff is brand new and AWEEESOMEEE!!!"

We all sat there horrified and I watched as he went around one by one handing us each a bottle of his new found treasure. Who would be the first to open one and take a sip? Of course my buddies all turned and prompted me to take the lead as this was in fact my neighbor. So, with much trepidation and while under the watchful eye of John, I turned the cap, opened the bottle, said a prayer and took a drink... "What do you think?", asked John. Do I dare tell him it tastes like rotten beef jerky ? No, of course not... "Mmmm, like a corona with lime" I reply. So to return the favor I look at my buddies and tell them to “give it a shot” and tell us what they think. One guy acted like his phone rang and walked out of the garage talking to dead air, the rest however had no choice and drank up..

After a half hour and half a Bud Light Lime John finally left. Here are some tasting highlights from the crowd:

Friend 1 – Bratwurst and vinegar
Friend 2 – Beef Stroganoff Hamburger Helper
Friend 3 – Old rubber marinated in citrus
Friend 4 - Moldy cheese soaked in lime marinade
Friend 5 - Really?
Friend 6 - …………………………

Wasn't the Miller Chill bad enough. Why must they keep doing this? :(

That’s what I would like to know! To be fair, just like with cigars I make a conscious effort to not be a beer elitist. In fact I love my Miller High Life but these gimmicky creations are just too much!

Because they're trying to turn Cinco de Mayo into a beer holiday for some reason. And, if marketing has taught us nothing, it's that Mexicans enjoy their beer with lime.

Mwxican beer is the o nly beer that goes with lime, imho. :cool:

I'll give a sh#t about 5 May when they start celebrating 4 July. ;)

Because they're trying to turn Cinco de Mayo into a beer holiday for some reason. And, if marketing has taught us nothing, it's that Mexicans enjoy their beer with lime.

That's too funny.

Why didn't you share your Dark Lord with Bud Light man?

Miller Chill needs to go away and with a quickness. Apparantly Bud Light Lime needs to as well. Thanks for the review of it, because now I know to stay far far away from it.

I primarily drink Michelob Ultra...partially for the low carb aspect of it, and partially because when I'm thirsty I drink beer...but I still need to function. The ultra line actually has some other "flavors" if you will..lime, raspberry pomegranate, and orange something or another. The lime is ok, and the raspberry not too bad either. I've also actually had the amber stuff....but i was out of town on business, and the hotel lounge was trying to get rid of it cheap. Wasn't bad either.

The flavor stuff is more along the lines of mikes hard lemonade..which I don't care for, or more like wine-coolerish.

My favorites are Bud Light, and Mich Ultra...in a bottle. Or better yet, in an aluminum bottle...which are hard to find but kick ass. :)

It would be a sin to put a lime in a XX

Doc.

Dos Equis is the best Mexican beer! One of my all time favorites.

Dos Equis is the best Mexican beer! One of my all time favorites.

Gotta agree with you guys on this one. If its mexican beer, I am reaching for Negro Modelo or Dos Equis Amber every time. :thumbs:

Never had a negro modelo yet. Thanks for the clarification on the XX, Doc. Was hoping thats what you meant. :)

Never had a negro modelo yet. Thanks for the clarification on the XX, Doc. Was hoping thats what you meant. :)
I can assure you, I would never put a lime in any beer. The thought of it is just..well... foreign.

Doc.