• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Buena Vista's On Sale Again

Noticed something interesting on this batch delivered. The outer boxes say reserva, didn't have the edicion limitada sticker/label, and the band on the cigars is not a dual foot/ring band, only a ring, the band also says edicion limitada, not edicion limitada 2008. Wonder if these were a later re-release?
They must have sent you the wrong ones.

Noticed something interesting on this batch delivered. The outer boxes say reserva, didn't have the edicion limitada sticker/label, and the band on the cigars is not a dual foot/ring band, only a ring, the band also says edicion limitada, not edicion limitada 2008. Wonder if these were a later re-release?

Same thing here, ordered a few of the torpedos and they look nothing like the other batches. The color is off, the sizes aren't the same, some cigars are thicker others are longer, the wrapper isn't as smooth and uniform. I'm wondering if I should be returning these.

Same thing here, ordered a few of the torpedos and they look nothing like the other batches. The color is off, the sizes aren't the same, some cigars are thicker others are longer, the wrapper isn't as smooth and uniform. I'm wondering if I should be returning these.
At worst, I'm sure it's s decent yard gar or mooch gar. Wondering though if these are a totally different blend, or different product altogether and they're trying to unload their remaining stock riding on the mostly good experience people have had with the BV EL 08's? I also had one box that didn't have a cedar sheet or wax paper with cool Cuban torcedor story.

I got word that the box I ordered will be waiting on me when I land back in Indy tonight. We'll see what I got.

At worst, I'm sure it's s decent yard gar or mooch gar. Wondering though if these are a totally different blend, or different product altogether and they're trying to unload their remaining stock riding on the mostly good experience people have had with the BV EL 08's? I also had one box that didn't have a cedar sheet or wax paper with cool Cuban torcedor story.

If you smoke one, please let us know how they compare to the others.

I bought two boxes of the coronas. Probably should have waited for Caesar's test run. Here's hoping it goes well.

If you smoke one, please let us know how they compare to the others.
Happy to report. The stick I burned performed as expected. Well. It's definitely the BV EL 08 blend, and if not, very very close. It started a bit harsh. I'm chalking that up to being pretty much ROTT. It has that BV EL 08 floral that definitely sets it apart from the BV Reservas. These ain't pretty, but they perform well. If you were never a fan of the BV EL 08, theses won't tickle your pickle either. Happy smoking.

Coronas came today, here's what they look like. Haven't smoked it yet.

buenavista2.jpg

Very odd that they have changed the labeling. Supposedly these were no longer bring produced and they had to sell off all the existing stock, due to the law suit over the name.... Could it have just been a marketing ploy?

Very odd that they have changed the labeling. Supposedly these were no longer bring produced and they had to sell off all the existing stock, due to the law suit over the name.... Could it have just been a marketing ploy?
Maybe. Googleator says the Buena Vista Tobacco Factory is still in existence in Quintana Roo, Cancun, Mexico.

The friend that I passed the deal along to got his in the other day. He brought one over to me and we smoked them together. I actually enjoyed it more than I did the previous shipment I had gotten. It wasn't very well constructed....lopsided and stuff, but it smoked very well.

The friend that I passed the deal along to got his in the other day. He brought one over to me and we smoked them together. I actually enjoyed it more than I did the previous shipment I had gotten. It wasn't very well constructed....lopsided and stuff, but it smoked very well.

Which one did you get? I smoked one of the coronas today and thought the construction was pretty good.

Which one did you get? I smoked one of the coronas today and thought the construction was pretty good.

Smoking one now, a very firm cigar, hard even, draw is slightly on the tight side, lots of smoke though and enjoyable.

Smoking one now, a very firm cigar, hard even, draw is slightly on the tight side, lots of smoke though and enjoyable.

Wouldn't you know it, I fired one up again last night and it was a super tight draw. Kept waiting for it to open up and it never did. It also burned really unevenly. I couldn't straighten it out even with several touch-ups. I eventually gave up on it. Oh well, the first one was good.

Wouldn't you know it, I fired one up again last night and it was a super tight draw. Kept waiting for it to open up and it never did. It also burned really unevenly. I couldn't straighten it out even with several touch-ups. I eventually gave up on it. Oh well, the first one was good.

I'm thinking these need to be kept on the dry side, perhaps sub 65. The one I smoked was very nice and burned perfectly. It also lasted more than an hour which is unusual for me with that size. All in all I'm happy so far.