• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Building A Cabinet Humidor

Looks great. How did it work? How long did you test it for humidity?

DG

Very nice indeed. What is the humidity source for this cabinet?

PJ

He is using beads.... I made the bottom drawers about 4" short so there is room to set the beads behind them..... I think he said he has about 3#

More questions please!
Do you think the beads will be sufficient, or do you think it will need some type of airflow through such a big cabinet? Oh yea we are anal about this stuff.
By the way I am super jealous and I want one, or two :whistling: !!
Nice work and I for one appreciate you sharing the builds and info with us!

Thanks,

PJ

Very nice indeed. What is the humidity source for this cabinet?

PJ

He is using beads.... I made the bottom drawers about 4" short so there is room to set the beads behind them..... I think he said he has about 3#
Enough room to put a few Accumulator canisters behind them...that thing is going to drink a lot of water to season it.

How do the drawers open? Do you 'push-to-open' them?

AWESOME work...You definitely have skills my friend :thumbs:

Thank you for all the compliments...... The drawers pull open and are sealed by a bevel in to the receiving part of the drawer...
In terms of how it is working.... well, that remains to be seen.... You see, our friendly UPS company DROPPED it!
We can't move until they've inspected it and settle up on the claim....
Fortunately, I put more than enough insurance on it..... But, still...... It was packed very well.... My wife is a packer for Allied Van Lines & I was in the household goods moving & storage business for 20 years..... So, that is one thing we do know how to do.... Pack and protect....
However, nothing can protect against negligence...

humidordropped001.jpg

Holy Sh*t!

Once the settlement dust settles, will it be hard to fix?

What a shame...

Cryin' shame. Such a beautiful piece of work too.

That's horrible man, sorry to hear it. I had a buddy who worked on one of the sort lines at UPS and he showed me how packages are handled when I asked how to pack a couple bottles of wine to send. He said they are thrown about like a hot potato and your damage seems to reinforce that.