• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Building a Humidor

crvinyo23

Ladie's and Gentleman,

How is everyone? I hope your Labor day weekend was good.

So heres my question. I am going to be building my bar for my mantown and its going to be a humibar, this is going to be the first Humidor that I build myself does anyone have any sugestions, anyone who has built their own. maybe some do's and don'ts. I would appreciate any suggestions.

below is a brief description on whats is going to look like.

its going to look like a regular bar please see link to get and idea.

http://ultimaterecroom.com/library/Brandon...-bar-cherry.jpg

now keep that in picture in mind. the top of mine is going to be a craked tile with 3 equal size square glass windows spaced equally along the top of the bar which will be looking into the actual humidor. it is going to be about 5 feet long by 8 inches high by 2 feet deep. i am obviously going to line it with spanish cedar and for the air tight seal i was thinking about using some weather type stripping or something like is used for the air tight weather strips for car doors. this is one of the parts I would like suggestions on and also what I should use for the humidifier.

Thank you everyone I appreciate all your help and suggestions.

I'm not a handy man, wood worker, or bartender.

However, I've been around a few bars, do my own home maintenance, and have cut enough 2x4s to go to the moon and back.

Having been around bars, there is one thing that can never be prevented. Spills.

It is too dangerous in my opinion to carry cups filled with liquid on top of a humidor. Especially if you get into super premiums that cost as much as many of the bottles that might be stored in the bar. So, if it were my humi, I'd keep them separate.

Just my 2 cents though. Maybe some others have done this successfully?

Cheers,
Chris

I know it can be done successfully because they do make those coffee table humidors, but that is a great point. thank you. i actually never thought about that.

how about a glass sides with solid top instead to help address the spillage issue? I thought about a glass front but that may get kicked or kneed by people sitting at bar counter...

Just build a walk in humidor around the bar, problem solved! :)