• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bushmills Black Bush

tuelle

Just got another bottle today and shared some with my sons with cigars (mine was a JdN Antaño 1970 Lancero. mmmm) after a Memorial Day ground pork and bacon burger feast. I have to say that this is my "go to" Irish Whiskey. I love Redbreast Pure Pot Stilled as my top of the heap treat, and I've really enjoyed Jameson 12, but BB is a great "all the time" dram. The sherry cask aging makes it so dang smooth and the sweet finish is just perfect after dinner with a smoke. This fits perfectly in my price range for a "go to" drinker. It was a great day off...

I'm typically a scotch drinker, and sometimes bourbon, but I do enjoy the Bushmills Blackbush. It spends some time in sherry barrels and that gives it a nice flavor.

I don't drink a lot of Irish---I'm more one for Scotch and small batch bourbon---but this is my go-to for Irish whiskey as well, and there's usually a bottle of it on my bar shelf. Smooth, flavorful, eminently drinkable. Nice on the rocks with a splash, which is how I like all my hootch.

Redbreast is very good, but I've found that for me, the flavors fall apart in the glass unless I drink it neat---ice ruins it.

~Boar

I don't mind Black Bush one bit. Definitely an enjoyable and affordable sipper.

I do like the Scotches I've had but Irish Whiskey holds a fascination for my palette for some reason and I always have some close by. I have yet to develop a love affair with Scotch (there have been some nice flings though!), but maybe I haven't met the right one(s) yet!

Scotch or Whiskey, always with just a splash of water for me. I can't get all the flavors with ice for some reason.

I also usually only drink scotch, but about 2 years ago I was at a blind tasting and this drink came up and it was really good. I had no idea what it was, when I was told I was surprised and I went out and bought a bottle. Since then there has always been a bottle on the shelf. And the price is not to steep!!

The first time I tried this one was around some lesbian in-laws. Not surprising, there were many good jokes that night! The ladies smoked some Perdomos with me as well.

I had a black bush not too long ago. Didn't think much of it....maybe if she shaved :sign: