• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bushmills or Balvenie?

mitchshrader

Well.. Bushmills Sherry Casked 107 proof.. 14 years old..

or the new 17 year Balvenie Sherry Casked... and i had to PICK. oh snap. ;)

ok, i'm a balvenie guy but i'm CURIOUS.. so I got all the reviews I could locate on the Bushmills...

i'm STILL curious..

Balvenie first. Nearly as I can tell from reviews, the Bushmills *comes close to* the Macallan 10 yr cask strength.. and has a slightly dryer, less honeyed, taste than Balvenie. Sherry & Oak all right, but not as sweet and more fiery..

that bumped it out of 'Next' .. so.. being as i can't drink everything.. (at once).. I musingly went back to the Balvenie 17 yr sherry casked as the next victim..

anybody owns that Bushmills Sherry Casked, and lives close enough to manage it, I'll trade tastes..

but for now i'm going to postpone it. Darnit. And then there's those alembic brandies that MIGHT be tasty...

I have to admit I'm a bit more partial to The Belvanie scotches vice the Bushmill whiskys. I find the scotches tend to be a little more robust in flavor. I've had both and would choose the Belvanie as I though it had a nice smooth chocolate woody start with a nutty fruit finish. The bushmills tends to have a fruitier butter flavor with a nutty finish.

I'd hit the Belvanie with a 8-9 and the Bushmills with a 7-8. If we were a little more proximal I'd take you up and the taster.

What are you choosing to smoke with the bottle?