• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

But How Many Bands Will It Take?

Mark Twain

Call me Ishmael.
[Update]

She's done. Lord Help me. All that's left now is to seal it. Any ideas on what product I can use?

Also, here's a contest. :thumbs:

For a nice fiver tell me how many bands/labels/warranty seals it took to cover the damn thing. Contest closes Monday at 11:59 am. Pics below . . . :whistling:

094.jpg

095.jpg

097.jpg

099.jpg

002-3.jpg

001-5.jpg

Got a few days off of work. Decided to tackle a little project after reading Souldog's thread about his cigar band table.

I used inserts from empty Habanos boxes I had lying around along with steamed off stickers and warranty seals.

I guess the table is about half finished. I dunno if the 2+ years of saved bands is going to be enough.

I think I've got to get a better center sticker. I'm not really a fan of the Partagas label.

Seems like an awful lot of work just to get high on glue fumes.

Looks good Marc. Keep us updated.

Keep it up Marc, I can hardly see the finished product. Are you going to urethane the top when you're all done..... :) :thumbs: :cool:

I like it! Nice random pattern works for me. Keep us updated, please.

I agree with Dan. Random patterns do seem to suit this particular collage.

How about a picture of yourself smoking either w/family, friends, or self? Unless you want to photoshop yourself in w/ Fidel :laugh:
The table should take less time to finish if you change to only lighting petite corona's; I figure you could smoke 5-6 cigars a day in that ring gauge. J/k

Rockin' table, my guess will be about another 400.

Dave

225! Did I win?? :laugh:

Looks great! If you need more supplies I might be able to help.

Brandon

Wow. That looks great. I like how you have used the seals as well. It really sets it apart from other cigar band projects I've seen.

Nice! Sticky fingers yet? (Let me emphasize that it is from the glue...not anything else. :whistling: )

Very nice finish product Marc, I'd finish it off with a thick coat (1/8") of Urethane. I'm gonna guess there's a total of 615 bands, labels, custom documents ect........ :) :thumbs: :cool:

Looks nice, I like the mix of stuff you used. I'll say 500. Thanks for the contest.