• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Butane fuel for your torch

Triple_D

Triple_D
I bought a colibri lighter today and they told me to only use the colibri fuel. Does it really matter? Has anyone noticed any problems using the cheaper fuel like ronson?

Just curious DDD.
Which Colibri did you buy?
I have a colibri for 5 years now,,,,been using colibri butane......never had a problem.......only $4 a can.

DO NOT use Ronson butane. That brand gums up lighters and ruins them. Use a refined butane fuel such as Lava or Vector. If you cannot find them locally, several on-line vendors sells them. The Colibri fuel is fine, just more expensive than the others.

I use Vector fuel in all my lighters, an not a single problem. :thumbs:

Vector Triple Refined works the best for me so far....Ronson seems to plug up my Vector and Colibri lighters. I get the Vector fuel in a can three times the size of the Colibri and for half the price.

STYX&STONED said:
Vector Triple Refined works the best for me so far....Ronson seems to plug up my Vector and Colibri lighters. I get the Vector fuel in a can three times the size of the Colibri and for half the price.
yup, same here.

they have'em cheap on most of the sites

:thumbs:

Lava 1st and Vector only if I can't find Lava.

Most places won't ship because you have to ship it as Haz. material which makes it cost prohibited. If anyone has a mail order source for Lava that ships without the haz. material status please PM me.

I've been using colibri fuel, but thats because I bought like 12 cans of it a long time ago for $1 a can :) and just have not run out yet ;)

However, most of my local buddies use Blazer fuel (I think its called?) Its triple refined, and I'm told you get a HUGE can of it for $2-3 bucks... Its common at "smoking novelty" stores (ie: head shops). You know the places, they sell bongs, pipes, roach clips and alike. :lookup:

:thumbs: Toaster

LAVA is the only way to go. Call them up and they'll guide you to someone local who sells it.

Thanks guys, I'll trash the Ronson and look for the others, I bought a Firebird colibri. It was cheap.

Where is the Lava website so I can find a local dealer?

got one of those large cans from bargainhumidors a while ago and should last me for a while longer.

:thumbs:

Ditto on the Lava, I bought mine at JR Cigar in Farmington Hills MI. Ruined a not so cheap Colibri with the cheap stuff, wont let that happen again!
JV :(

Wow, I learned something new today! I had no idea using the Ronson butane could fowl up the lighters. I will be sure to pick up some other stuff at the local smoke shop to refill my lighters from now on!!

Matt

I had one of the Colibri lighter/cutter combos that I really liked. After about 3 years it stopped letting fuel through the opening. I used Ronson and Colibri fuel. Never realized it was a fuel problem until I went to the local cigar shop and he used Vector to refill the new lighter that was the same as the old. Have never seen Lava, but it looks like that gets the vote over Vector. There is a defference between the refills.

Ronson has oil in it for lubrication...
its bad for many lighters..

Any fuel that says "Triple Refined" is what you want...
Lava, King, Vector are all good.

as long as it says Triple Refined its going to work just fine.