• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Butane Suggestions

Lava. no need to say more. Lava is the best stuff out there.
Why? I'm not arguing with your opinion, I'd just like to learn from it if possible. Why is Lava the best over Vector, when both are 5x's refined and Vector is cheaper (and more consistently available)? This could become a very enlightening discussion on the manufacturing process of lighter quality butane fuel. Minutiae that cigar enthusiasts could learn from instead of focusing solely on pricing and refinement proclamations.

I am assuming you have positive experiences with Lava fuel. Have you had negative experiences with Vector fuel? Do you have a scientific, pricing (which they lose out to Vector on), or any other reason for proclaiming Lava as the undisputed best butane lighter fuel out there?

In retrospect I spoke out of my ass a little bit. Lava for me is way more convenient, because my BM sells it. If they sold Vector I probably would have said vector. I am sure both will preform well.

Ah, okay. Thank you for the clarification. Lava is best for you because it is a quality product and is convenient for you. Makes perfect sense. I concur, Lava is a great product. It's just a bit pricier (but we're talking small change here) than Vector, so all things being equal, I tend to choose Vector. I am a bit dismayed by Shadow's observation that current Vector nozzles seem to be of poor quality. I've still got about 6 canisters of Vector to work through (purchased by the case of dozen), and will look into that before choosing which lighter fluid to purchase in the future.

Even if the 3x's refinement of Colibri fuel is sufficiently "clean", I still think they are relatively expensive when comparing the cost of their smaller canisters versus the cost of the larger Vector and Lava canisters.