• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Buyer Beware

Thankyou fella's: I appreciate the advice.

At this point I would most definitely not want to mention the name of the site, only because I will be making one more try to contact the seller. If there is no success at that point, then I would say I made the effort necessary to try and sort things out.

Here is my situation, have a read and tell me what you think.

I managed to find an online cigar retailer through a recommendation from another larger online retailer. The recommendation was in response to my enquiring if they (the larger site) would ship their products to Canada. With the recommendation in hand, I placed an order with the retailers web site.

My first two purchases went quit smoothly. The cigars arrived properly packaged, undamaged and fresh.

My last order was placed in mid February. I still have the order confirmation. The order was paid through my credit card and my most recent statement reflects that as well.

Approximately three weeks after placing my order, I received part of what I ordered. I emailed the site to inform them of this and did not receive a response. I waited until after Easter, thinking that perhaps the gentleman with whom I have dealt with may have been away. After Easter, I sent a second email and did not receive a response.

I sent a third email this week requesting a response and have yet to hear.

The amount of money I have paid for the total order is not that much considering the amount one could easily spend. But that is not the issue. The issue is that at the very least, a simple reply from this gentleman would be appreciated.

I recognize and accept the risks of dealing with online stores.

My next step is to call the gentleman I have been dealing with to date.

BlindedByScience makes a good point about being cautious to ensure I am not some othe merchant with an axe to grind. I assure you I am not. I am a Psychiatric Crisis Worker who works with adolescents who are at immediate risk to themselves or others and are placed into a secure treatment program (in my case a ten bed psychiatric unit). I will have to double check but I think my personal web site is linked to my account here. If not, www.tmgentile.com is it and my personal contact info is listed there as well.

Either way, until and unless this is resolved, can anyone out there recommend a vendor who ships to Canada? I promise to update everyone on the outcome and will take advice from you all as to whether or not to post a caution.

Thanks agian,

I would also contact them and explain that their recommended vendor failed to deliver!

I work right around there. If anyone has an address, lmk. I'd be happy to stop by and check out the premises to do some investigation/questioning. I found it odd that there is no full address on the site and they don't show up on the yellow pages. Thanks for the heads up bro. Hope everything works out for you.

He changed some of the contact info on his site. However, I do have his last posted address. I Google Earth'ed his address not long ago and still have it available in my drop down list :) . Nice neighbourhood by the looks of it.

His phone number is a cell phone according to Whitepages.ca Reverse Lookup.

This guy definitely smells of scum, he's got WOAM's listed at 546 for the box

I would agree that this business looks very dodgy. The site is unpolished, and the prices odd.

Keep us posted!

BTW, one of your fellow crisis workers helped my youngest daughter after a messy divorce and may have saved her life. Keep up the good work! It's tough being an adolescent sometimes! :D

Steve

I have had good experiences from the vendors who advertise on this sight. I am also a social worker, one in need of psychiatric counseling. LOL! I have not yet reached the level of being trusted with the really good sources. But, someday I hope to be able to snatch the pebble form the hand of a more wise member of this community (well at least the list of the most guarded vendors)

I would also send him a email and let him know that you frequent different cigar forums and you have put the word out on his questionable place of business and bad service.