• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Buying a truck gas vs diesel

Just about everyone agrees that the Allison trans is the best you can get. As for the powerplant, I'm not sure I'm gaining much from diesel other than resale value and longevity. 8.2 is a monster! Hope you get what you are looking for.

As it stands we gave a little more than 20k for this truck. We briefly looked at new trucks and decided a new house payment would be less. Then you still have to insure it!

We already used this truck to pull our camper and the difference is just incredible. I feel so much more comfortable on the highway. We barely noticed the camper behind the truck.

Yes it’s crazy about the costs involved. And then you have to watch out for other people on the road, insurance or not. Case in point, this morning I’m on the way in, lights are green, and I’m just doing the speed limit crossing the road where traffic is stopped for the red. Out of nowhere some idiot in an olde pos minivan just comes barreling through the red. Probably going 10 over the speed limit.

I would have been insta t-boned if I was in a hurry this morning, thankfully I was not. Luckily it would have been the passenger side, as at the rate he was flying, I surely would have had some broken bones at a minimum. Ugh.

Yes it’s crazy about the costs involved. And then you have to watch out for other people on the road, insurance or not. Case in point, this morning I’m on the way in, lights are green, and I’m just doing the speed limit crossing the road where traffic is stopped for the red. Out of nowhere some idiot in an olde pos minivan just comes barreling through the red. Probably going 10 over the speed limit.

I would have been insta t-boned if I was in a hurry this morning, thankfully I was not. Luckily it would have been the passenger side, as at the rate he was flying, I surely would have had some broken bones at a minimum. Ugh.
Glad it was just a near miss, stupid people.