• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Buying Cigars in Bundles. Good or Bad Idea?

Bugsbunnysmoker

I am trying to fill my humidor and it seems like buying in bundles might be a good choice. I really want some input on a few things from others.
I bought some TONY ALVAREZ TORCEDOR CHURCHILL cigars in a bundle from Cuban crafters. Good price but some in the bundle were cracked. I was looking online and noticed that at a lot of places bundle cigars run 2.00 to 3.50 at places like Cigar international for bundles or 20 to 25.
Do you have a good bundle you like to buy?
Are bundles a way for some places to slip a few bad cigars in on a customer?

Famous has some good ones - Rocky Patel and the Famous Nic 3000 thru 7000

We all would like a good price point, but don't forget about the taste point. Find a nice B&M and but some 2'ers of Padron x000, Fuente, Bolivar, cohiba. The bundle is in a way a good deal, but not if you don't enjoy the smoke. I started like that, but soon found that cheap results in cheap. The ads are meant to feed you BS so you spend your money; but find a good Padron at only $3.25 and at least try it. Then you can compare to cheap.

Naturally, this is all IMHO

Sometimes you van get legitimate overruns in bundles. Not neccessarily budget, but often a good value.

"You get what you pay for" applies to cigars, too.

Look, I'm the first guy to say "smoke what you like, like what you smoke" but if a cigar just isn't cutting it in the flavor department, cheap won't make it taste better.

Focus on "reasonably priced" instead. IMHO you can't do better than a box of Padron Londres, or 2000's or 3000's. Ping any of great merchants that post in these pages and I'm sure you can find a great deal on a few to try, or a box if you're ready.

If you're looking to "fill your humidor" to help with RH control, don't do it with dog rocket bundle smokes; use bubble wrap. I used bubble wrap in most of my coolers to take up air space and it works perfectly.

JMHO - B.B.S.

I'm a smoker not a hobbiest, like many here. I smoke five to six cigars a day so I have to smoke some bundle cigars. Flor de Oliva makes excellent bundle cigars so does RP. They are for the most part well made and run two dollars ea.

Doc.

I agree with these guys, try some Padrons. Good cigars and not a bad price. But if you only have a bundle budget, try the 1876 Reserve. They are just over a dollar a stick when you buy them by the bundle.

I am trying to fill my humidor and it seems like buying in bundles might be a good choice. I really want some input on a few things from others.
I bought some TONY ALVAREZ TORCEDOR CHURCHILL cigars in a bundle from Cuban crafters. Good price but some in the bundle were cracked. I was looking online and noticed that at a lot of places bundle cigars run 2.00 to 3.50 at places like Cigar international for bundles or 20 to 25.

If your main concern is trying to fill your humidor, I don't think you need to worry about it. ;)
If you stay here for few months, your main problem will be finding more room to store your cigars rather than finding cigars to fill your humidor.

If your main concern is trying to fill your humidor, I don't think you need to worry about it. ;)
If you stay here for few months, your main problem will be finding more room to store your cigars rather than finding cigars to fill your humidor.

*** Super great reply. If you only had some idea of how true that is, you would take out a loan and get a 1200 count cabinet and just get the pain over with.

Toboada's come in bundles...so yeah you can get good cigars in bundles.

On another note I will agree with Doc. The Flor de Oliva and RP bundles are good. Also, you can get a box of Don Tomas maduros for around $2 a stick. These are fantastic for the money. Gran Habano #5 and Sancho Panza double maduro la mancha are other I like to buy. This would give you a nice variety to start with. And you might as well get a coolador; you will be needing the space! :thumbs:

Brandon

Puros Indios Extra Viejo are bundles as well and well worth the price

You REALLY like these, huh?! :)

I decided to be specific. You now have two recs for Patel. He actually makes these to sell in bundles and they are well made. Whether you like them is personal taste. I like the RP Factory Selects. Here is a good place to get then and the Famous 7000, too.

LINK

JdN Fuerte's aren't a bad bundle stick either imho. I'll have to second the Flor de Olivas as well.....maduro and corojo are my favorites.

Back