• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Buying my first cubans

Nope, well aware of the laws. Does not seem to matter with as much discussion I see on the boards about them.

I have never purchased one and never will until they are legal.

Sent from my DROIDX

Nope, well aware of the laws. Does not seem to matter with as much discussion I see on the boards about them.

I have never purchased one and never will until they are legal.

Sent from my DROIDX

Cool. I wasn't clear with the 'if'.

:thumbs:

What's your point?

Yes it's illegal. Just like jaywalking.

I'll put you in touch with a friend of mine who can tell you how painful the fines can be for jaywalking. Much like you - he did not think much of the law until it personally affected him and he'll tell you in pretty colorful terms what he thought of the situation. I know he won't be doing that again... :whistling:

Why we got into a discussion about the military is not clear.

It really is clear how the discussion started, but focusing in on only one or two posts out of the entire thread makes it difficult sometimes to follow the discussion. ;)

What's your point?

Yes it's illegal. Just like jaywalking.

I'll put you in touch with a friend of mine who can tell you how painful the fines can be for jaywalking. Much like you - he did not think much of the law until it personally affected him and he'll tell you in pretty colorful terms what he thought of the situation. I know he won't be doing that again... :whistling:

I understand. Reality is risk vs. reward, though. I do speed at 5mph over the limit because the odds of getting a ticket are low. Doesn't make it legal, though. I don't jaywalk going to work and in fact park in a separate lot so that I don't have to because the penalty is "traffic court" on a four-day vacation weekend.

For the record, I always advise people to stay away from cuban smokes because of 1) the preponderance of fakes, 2) the trouble you can get into and 3) how just-as-good-or-better other smokes are.

To clarify to you guys, there are a select few Cubans that can be purchased Legally inside the Continental U.S. if you are willing to spend a few more bills due to their rarity and age. The Camacho Pre-Embargo is perfectly legal for purchase, a bit pricey but anything produced from Cuba Pre-Embargo is perfectly legal for sale in the states. OF course, anything produced from Cuba including cigars after the year of 1962 when the Cuban Embargo was implemented, is Illegal.

To clarify to you guys, there are a select few Cubans that can be purchased Legally inside the Continental U.S. if you are willing to spend a few more bills due to their rarity and age. The Camacho Pre-Embargo is perfectly legal for purchase, a bit pricey but anything produced from Cuba Pre-Embargo is perfectly legal for sale in the states. OF course, anything produced from Cuba including cigars after the year of 1962 when the Cuban Embargo was implemented, is Illegal.

Well thank you for clarifying that for us! I only buy and smoke pre embargo cigars and have for years!

You are correct...and Anthony is just being a poopy head!

1) "Camacho Pre-Embargo is one of the most unique cigars around. The blend begins with a vintage ’99 Jamastran Corojo wrapper draped around a complex long-filler blend including some authentic pre-embargo Cuban tobacco."

2) ....have you seen or bought any pre-embargo cigars or products in the USA recently?

1) "Camacho Pre-Embargo is one of the most unique cigars around. The blend begins with a vintage ’99 Jamastran Corojo wrapper draped around a complex long-filler blend including some authentic pre-embargo Cuban tobacco."

2) ....have you seen or bought any pre-embargo cigars or products in the USA recently?
I'm currently deployed to Kuwait so I'm saving the Camacho for a New Year's cigar...IF I can wait that long, its a VERY tempting cigar, almost 50 year aged tobacco, very tempting. ahh, it may end up being in my next shipment purchase. haha :blush:

I'm currently deployed to Kuwait so I'm saving the Camacho for a New Year's cigar...IF I can wait that long, its a VERY tempting cigar, almost 50 year aged tobacco, very tempting. ahh, it may end up being in my next shipment purchase. haha :blush:

Not to burst your bubble on the Camacho, but if you do a search that has been dissproved. Yes I'm a poopy head and I know it!

...Yes I'm a poopy head and I know it!

Just to be clear....Tone-NY has lamenated 'event's badge for all his HERF's:

poopy-head.jpg

Yes, it's illegal. Kinda like jaywalking. :rolleyes:
...is that like being a "little bit" knocked up...?? Just saying.......:whistling:
Should I wear a rubber when I'm jaywalking? :p

I guess jaywalking is closer to being a little bit knocked down... unless you get thrown into a tree. :D

I once completely destroyed a jaywalker while on my bike. Canal St. in Manhattan, cars were stopped but I was cruising in between the stopped traffic and the parked cars in the furthest right lane and this dude walked right out from between two of the cars stopped in traffic. Whammo!

1) "Camacho Pre-Embargo is one of the most unique cigars around. The blend begins with a vintage '99 Jamastran Corojo wrapper draped around a complex long-filler blend including some authentic pre-embargo Cuban tobacco."

Oooohhhh... Hate to tell you - the Camacho Pre-Embargo is not out of this world special. A Davidoff #1 is a much better choice and is much easier to find! :thumbs: