• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bye Bye Appendix

Toaster

Puff Puff Pass v2.0 2004
Thursday Feb 5, my brother and sister in-law baptised thier youngest son - Collin. My youngest of 3 nephews. He's a cutie. Anyway, after the ceremony we all went out to lunch at a local Dallas restaurant... Where I drank a lot of coffee.

Around 3pm a friend and I (who was at the lunch) decided to go across the street to a cigar shop and see the smokes :D I commented to him as we walked into the shop, I felt a little bloated, must have been all the coffee. :lookup:

We stayed and talked at the cigar shop for a while, including my wife and kids. It was a nice day. Anyway, at around 5'ish we headed home, and he and I decided we'd try to hook up later in the evening for a drink and cigar, after I dropped my family back off home (they were all tired).

When I got home around 6pm the bloating had turned into a pretty serious problem- lots of discomfort, slight pain, and I was still convinced it was bloating or gas from the coffee and cream I had earlier :lookup:

Around 10pm I was pretty much laying down in a fetal position on the bed... I knew this was alot more than bloating. My entire lower stomach was in PAIN and it was pressing down into my . . . well, lets just say where it shouldn't hurt EVER!

Stubborn and in denial, my wife insisted we go to the hospital, I refused saying lets wait and see if I can sleep it off, and based on how I feel in the morning- we'll make our decision from there.

Well, sleep was the last thing I did that night- Scream was more like it- At around 7am she pretty much pulled rank and drove me to the hospital, where a diagnosis and cat scan later- they told me I had to have my appendix removed before it burst. I knew it was bad, because for anyone who's every been in the hospital, you know they don't move really quickly unless its absolutely necessary, and it took like 3 hours to get the nurse to see me, then the doctor to see me, then order the CT scan, and about 15 minutes AFTER the CT scan I was in surgery :0 Afterwords they told me if I would have waited an hour or two more to come in, it might have burst and I'd be in BAD shape. :(

ANYWAY, I'm still in a lot of pain- this was my first surgery of anykind... I was scared to death. Everyone say's I'll be back up and around as good as new in a couple of days- BOY I HOPE SO. Moving, laying down, sleeping- Its all so painful still :0 :sneaky:

Wish me luck guys.

:thumbs: Toaster

Good thing you got there in time.....Hope you feel better and get well soon....We'll all be pulling for you :thumbs:

1st) I hope you feel better and glad your wife had some sense to force you to the hospital

2) I musta missed the post on this contest, so who guessed the correct time toasters appendix was gonna come out? :D

Take it easy, get some rest, get to feeling better, and for God's sake start listening to your wife!!! It literally could be detrimental toy oru health!! :sneaky:

Glad to hear you're doing better Toaster.

You need to post some pictures of your scar!!!! :p

Dave ;)

Hey Toaster, if you needed to loose a few pounds, even the Adkins diet would have been safer! :p

Glad you caught it in time bro, men are never really good at seeing a Doc when they need to!

Take care.

Yikes Toaster - good thing you went in. Hope you feel better soon!

Funny how guys think - I had a good friend who almost died when their appendix burst so now just about anytime I or anyone I know has a stomach ache I get all paranoid. Had that not happened, though, I too would wait to go in until the very last minute.

trust me when I tell you YOU DONT want to see my fat belly :p But I'm morbid and sick that way too! I love that show on HBO, Autopsy with Michael Baden! :D (yeah, I'm a sicko, I'd post pics!!!)

Thanks for all the get well soon's... I appreciate it! :love:

Do you guys know if I can smoke a cigar? Of course the doctor told me I shouldn't smoke them ever again :sign: But since I'm still healing and all, should I smoke or wait?

Get to feeling better soon Toaster!

I had mine out as a child. Even after all these years I can distincly remember the kind of pain you were describing. Lucky for you your recovery will be much quicker and easier with how much better they are with surguries now then they used to be when I had mine out.

Smoke as soon as you feel up to it. Should be no problem. With dental stuff you can get dry tooth but thats not an issue here. It may not be an issue anymore, but for me and surguries I've had in the past the anethstesia made me somewhat sick to my stomach for several days after. If you don't feel queasy of sick in any way then go for it I would say.

Toaster I hope you feel better. I enjoyed your story, only because it was very similar to mine. Yes, I thought I had eaten too much on Thanksgiving about 11 years ago, and also told my wife I was okay.

Make sure you stay in bed, and hopefully you won't get those pesky fevers that come and go post-surgery.

4A

im not sure on this but I wouldn't myself smoke for atleast a week or too. I wouldn't run the risk of slowing down my ability to heal in anyway. I had a dr. tell me that I souldn't jump into caffine and Nicotine till my body starts to recover. Any type of surgery really screws up the body and puts your system out of wack for awhile. just what Im thinking bro.

Glad to hear your home and on your way to a speedy recovery Bro!!!

I know what its like to hurt down there(the old goat bag in a vise feeling)....I have been passing kindey stones every couple of months for the past 18 years of my life(some as big as a pencil eraser)........And passing them does not hurt so much any more(major scar tissue build up) but when one gets hung up in there on its way out and the risk of a kidney shuting down comes into play they go in the direction they are suposed to come out to fish them out :0 :angry: .......NOW THATS SOME PAINFUL S%*T!!!!

God Speed Bro.....Hope you get off you A$$ soon!!!! LOL!!!

Dr. STYX says, Take two of your pain pills, a double shot of Jegger and pm me in the morning!

DaveWF said:
Glad to hear you're doing better Toaster.

You need to post some pictures of your scar!!!! :p

Dave ;)
Still "scarred" from seeing those, bub!

IF you do post pics, I'll remember not to look. :)

When I first read your topic title, I thought "hmm appendix? we had an *appendix?"

*appendix - the reference section you find at the back of instruction manuals

HAHA... :D

Feel better soon! Wishing you well, bro!

WOW Tom,

That is NO FUN as an adult. I had my appendix out when I was seven years old (1968) and kids heal lots quicker than adults.

Take it easy, don't strain yourself and get better soon ;)