• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bye Bye Appendix

I had a similar experence last summer with my gall bladder. I was off work three weeks. The first week I did not smoke. The second and third weeks I consumed many cigars. Get well soon.

Hey man sorry to hear about your problem, glad you're doing OK. At least you have CP bro!

Anyways I have only one piece of advice: whatever you do, DON'T LAUGH! With that in mind, you're probably not going to want to read this, and scroll all the way to the bottom of this post for my last bit of advice.

Bill worked in a pickle factory. He had been employed there for a number of years when he came home one day to confess to his wife that he had a
terrible compulsion. He had an urge to stick his penis into the pickle
slicer. His wife suggested that he should see a sex therapist to talk about
it, but Bill indicated that he would be too embarrassed. He vowed to
overcome the compulsion on his own. One day a few weeks later, Bill came
home ashen. His wife could see at once that something was seriously
wrong. "What's wrong, Bill?" she asked. "Do you remember that I told you how
I had this tremendous urge to put my penis into the pickle slicer?" "Oh, Bill,
you didn't."

"Yes, I did."

"My God, Bill, what happened?"

"I got fired."

"No, Bill. I mean, what happened with the pickle slicer?"

"Oh...she got fired too."

a) Take your painkillers

b) DO NOT MIX PAINKILLERS WITH ALCOHOL! Most prescription PKs contain acetamenophen. Rt puts stress on your liver to metabolize all that acetamenophen. You already know alcohol is also metabolized by your liver. Now you know why the bottles always say "DO NOT DRINK ALCOHOL WITH THIS MEDICATION."

Hope you get to feeling better real soon.

Ain't it always the wife that makes us 'dummies' go to the hospital. :p

Toaster, here's wishing you a speedy recovery. Remind me to NEVER drink the coffee at that place.

Ughh, that sucks :( Best of luck to you for a speedy recovery :thumbs:

Just remember, scars make for great stories in the future...

Feel better soon, Toaster!

Hmm... I can see myself sitting in a great cigar shop or lounge, talking and smoking an excellent cigar- Lifting my shirt to show my scar and tell my boring story!!!! :p OMG!

Thank you all for the wishes. :love:

Have you smoked a cigar yet? You won't find a better excuse to light up some special cigars you've been saving than emergency surgery! :p

I smoked one last night... An SLR Regios '03, it was pretty good :) I started with a RyJ cigarillo, to see if I could handle it first.. since the anathesia made my nose pretty raw and bloody for the last couple of days... but that has pretty much stopped- but I was worried about breathing in the ambient smoke through my nose :0

So my wife actually lit it first, and I took a puff or two, and it taste soooo good- I immediately clipped the Regios (my first, btw) and fired it up. Nubbed the hell out of it! :D

I've been thinking about my hospital stay- you know its funny. They were actually sending me home THE NIGHT OF MY SURGERY. My wife made them keep me overnight... Amazing how they want to rush you out? And from what I undertand now, after talking with several people and friends, while this is a pretty common surgery, the recovery can be anywhere from a week to a month- depending on fever, infections, the type of cut used, etc.... I guess I got lucky- I'm up and walking only 4 days post surgery. ;)

:thumbs: Toaster

Toaster said:
I smoked one last night... An SLR Regios '03, it was pretty good :) I started with a RyJ cigarillo, to see if I could handle it first.. since the anathesia made my nose pretty raw and bloody for the last couple of days... but that has pretty much stopped- but I was worried about breathing in the ambient smoke through my nose :0

So my wife actually lit it first, and I took a puff or two, and it taste soooo good- I immediately clipped the Regios (my first, btw) and fired it up. Nubbed the hell out of it! :D

I've been thinking about my hospital stay- you know its funny. They were actually sending me home THE NIGHT OF MY SURGERY. My wife made them keep me overnight... Amazing how they want to rush you out? And from what I undertand now, after talking with several people and friends, while this is a pretty common surgery, the recovery can be anywhere from a week to a month- depending on fever, infections, the type of cut used, etc.... I guess I got lucky- I'm up and walking only 4 days post surgery. ;)

:thumbs: Toaster
Uh, did you go under the knife in a military hospital? I have found military docs get you up and out fast, where as civi's try and keep you for a while so the Hospital get paid and they don't get sued if you have complications.

Emo