• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bye Bye Manny

vinnyvega

I'm sorry but as great as Manny is, he is a cancerous tumor for the team. I hope he loves LA. Maybe he and and Nomar will becoming best friends.

edit for spelling

I'm sorry but as great as Manny is, he is a cancerous tumor for the team. I hope he loves LA. Maybe he and and Nomar will becoming best friends.

edit for spelling

Hopefully Joe Torre will clock him a well deserved one in the head!

edit for spelling

I just hate to see one our best hitters leave, but yes he has been an ass lately and the team does not need the attitude around. However we really do need to find some good talent to replace him in the feild and at bat if we want a chance at the play-offs. I just don't want to see decades go by until our next World Series win :(

I think it was a bad move to trade him before the end of the season. I thought the Sox were looking for another pennant. It's hard to bring someone in and try to fill in the 4 spot especially Manny's shoes.

Brian

I'll take em' especially when the Bo Sox are picking up the tab. Andy LaRoche and the minor leaguer are worth the drama Manny's power brings. He certainly isn't the first or last guy who doesn't give 100%. Manny, Manny, Manny! :thumbs:

I can certainly understand why you Red Sox fans would be happy to see this guy go. I mean, he's only been the second best hitter in the history of the franchise and was one of the key parts that broke that decade long drought of not winning the World Series. I wish my team had a handful of cancerous assholes like that guy. :laugh:

If anyone can coach the guy, it's Torre. He's got more experience managing major league egomaniacs than anyone else.

I don't think it hurts Boston much, other than against New York. Manny absolutely destroyed New York.

I think you will be pleased with Jay Bay - He is a quality individual and a good ball player. He may not put up the numbers like Manny, but he will be a much better guy in the clubhouse.

As a Yankee Fan it is great to see Manny not only leave Boston, but the American League all together, as a baseball fan what the hell was Theo thinking...this is a horrendous move, Ortiz losses his protection, you can now pitch around him EVERY at bat. If Boston is looking to make a run at October, this was not the way to do it.

Manny went to the Dodgers!? WTF?! Why couldn't he stay in the AL?! :angry:

Just glad the Marlins didn't get em'. Go PHILIES!! To bad they didn't do shit today :angry:

I know it is easy to say 'That is the dumbest move the Sox could have made'. BUT is it better losing a player that punches his own teammate and makes Sox management look like tyrants? Or lose one of the best hitters in the last 10 years?

I think the Sox are going to be missing ManRam come this fall. Bay is good, but as Kevin Kennedy said on xm radio this afternoon, Manny hits excellent pitching, not just good pitching or mediocre like good hitters are supposed to. He hits excellent pitching." or words to that effect. The guy can flat out rake and I'm guessing that all of the teams in the A.L. playoff hunt just let out collective "Manny to the N.L., hell yeah"s. Bay is a good hitter too, but why also dump Moss and Hanson and give the Dodgers Manny's paychecks?

of course there are the other issues, like punking a 60 year old guy :whistling:

The only issue I see with Bay is that he will face better pitching in the AL. Other than that he's younger, more manageable and gosh darn it, PEOPLE LIKE HIM!

The only issue I see with Bay is that he will face better pitching in the AL. Other than that he's younger, more manageable and gosh darn it, PEOPLE LIKE HIM!

and I'm loving the fact that he gets to hit in Fenway, he's on my fantasy team :cool:

Manny Ramierez to the Dodgers? Oh no...how are the fans at Ebbetts Field going to handle that? Will he be able to get along with the Duke?... Amoros?...Erskine?...Preacher?....Furillo? I sure hope Jackie sets him straight.

I hate to see Manny's numbers go, but I'm happy to see his drama out of the clubhouse. I pretty much have faith in Theo and the front office (see Nomar in '04 for example), and things must have gotten to a completely unbelievable (even relative to Manny's past stunts) level for them to pull this deal off. The way they played the last 6 games before they traded him showed that something was quite wrong, and that his teammates and even Tito had stopped defending him...

And Jason Bay is a pretty darn good ballplayer, who is 7 years younger. We may lose some offense, but not too much, and we more than make up for that in having someone who can actually play defense.

Addition by subtraction here methinks.

Even though Manny can act like a Little B*tch I'd want him on my team.........of course the Twins don't need him, we don't need anyone, that's why we only get rid of players,..........we never get anyone :angry: :angry: :angry:

You guys gave up Manny, 2 prospects, AND $7 million just to get Jason Bay? Wow... Was Manny really that big of a problem? Looks like Pittsburgh made up for the robbery they suffered at the hand of the Yanks.