• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

C.A.O. Sopranos Edition "Boss"

Zeebra

Daddy still loves Padrón!
Smoked one of these last night from the same group of smokes I gifted to Centurycigar. He smoked one before me and reported back that the wrapper had split when he smoked his.

Well guess what? When I smoked mine last night, same problem -- wrapper gonzo about halfway through. I tried holding it together but it was futile. I was left smoking with the binder showing.

Anyone else find these sorts of issues with the Sopranos line?

I’ve never tried one of these and have been kind of hesitant to, now I will definitely steer clear of these.
Just curious, how did the cigar taste?

I've smoked two, now, and IIRC, both smoked wonderfully. Tasted great, too.

Same here, smoked quite a few, no real problems. I really enjoyed them. Hope you smoke more and have better luck!!

I've had one of each in the Soprano line. I've never had anything but a great smoke. Like grateful said, humidity.

I dont think its humidity because Zee gifted me one and I let it sit in my freezerdor for a month or so before torching it,a nd I had the exact same problems. My freezerdor stays at 67 degrees with 66% humidity.

Im thinking its a rogue box or something.
Quality control just effed up ! :0

maybe you are not using proper hand techniques Zeeb. :p

My smokes have been steady in my basement humidor now for months. I keep them at 65% humidity and around 66 F.

It tasted good, but I was just put off by the wrapper problems. Since it happened to both myself and century we were wondering if other people had the same experience. The Padrons I keep in the same humidor have never had a wrapper issue.

My smokes have been steady in my basement humidor now for months. I keep them at 65% humidity and around 66 F.

It tasted good, but I was just put off by the wrapper problems. Since it happened to both myself and century we were wondering if other people had the same experience. The Padrons I keep in the same humidor have never had a wrapper issue.

Same here Zee !

Must be our dewy sweet Canadian air !

I have had a few of them. I like the alright and have had the same problem with only one of them. It was one I bought at a shop and smoked there and it didn't split until about 1/3 left. I have not had the problem with any from my own humidor which I keep at around 70%.

Thanks.
That's what I thought. The first thing I thought of when I saw this cigar was that it is a commercial cigar preying off of the Soprano name.

Smoked one of these last night from the same group of smokes I gifted to Centurycigar. He smoked one before me and reported back that the wrapper had split when he smoked his.

Well guess what? When I smoked mine last night, same problem -- wrapper gonzo about halfway through. I tried holding it together but it was futile. I was left smoking with the binder showing.

Can't say I'm surprised :p

Can't say I'm surprised :p

I new it was just a matter of time before you chimed in !
You CAO hater ! :p :sign:

Since I am new buying an expensive cigar is a rarity for me, but since I like the show I bought one. I am guessing most of the money went to paying the royalties. But I loved it and had no problem, except when it was over and I wanted another one.

By the way what does everyone think of the box they come in. I think it is pretty funny (a trunk)..

Haveing gone through two boxes of Sopranos...associates and boss,no,never had any problems.The wrapper stayed dark,oily,strong,and intact.....on all of them.
I kept them in 65-70% enviroment.

$15!!!!!! :0 Thank god prices for Soprano Associates dont go over $200 here with tax! :0

Haveing gone through two boxes of Sopranos...associates and boss,no,never had any problems.The wrapper stayed dark,oily,strong,and intact.....on all of them.
I kept them in 65-70% enviroment.

Errr..........just finished the last BOSS from my 2nd box and it started to crack after maybe the 5th puff.I never used a vcut on such a big cigar let alone a boss and usually,if it draws easy I make double V cut...just widens the v a bit.Anyway,the v cut had me puffing harder and caused the gar to get a tad hot,even while smokeing slow and legnthy pauses between puffs.I totally removed the cap with a full cut and she smoked much smoother,more smoke and I was able to do one gental smooth easy draw without getting her hot.Once passing the small bulge/wrapper split she smoked perfectly again.

Just mentioning this because usually always makeing full cuts,the problem occured with a vcut,maybe a punch would have yielded the same results as the Vcut and not sure if it relates to your problem.

That particular cigar has been in the humi over a few months and was probably one of the best Soprano's I ever had..........smooth and sweet all the way,never over powering and a tad stronger at nub time.

Try again,as mentioned above,it just may have been a bogus box that slipped through quality control.

Enjoy!