• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cabaiguan Robustos Extra

Rod

Administrator
Staff member
Smoked my first Cabaiguan Robusto Extra last night. The prelight aroma smelled semi-sweet. Construction was good, except that the cigar was split at the foot. Draw was good, though it was slightly too loose. The first few puffs produced a very spicy flavor. This had me intrigued, I thought I was in for a good smoke. After about 5 or so minutes, the spiciness wore off, and then turned to a very slight semi-sweet, vanilla like flavor. This only lasted about 5 minutes as well. The rest of the smoke was very boring, nothing special at all. No more flavor changes. Definitely not inline with any of the other Tatuajes I've smoked. There seemed to be a problem with the construction on this line, as far as the cigar splitting at either the head or foot.

I'll stick with the other three Tatuaje lines, as they tend to be more enjoyable.

I would recommend this line to a brand new cigar smoker. Unfortunately it just doesn't do it for me.

Sorry you didn't enjoy it Rod, but be careful not to swear off the whole line.

The Guapos are outstanding IMO.

Sorry you didn't enjoy it Rod, but be careful not to swear off the whole line.

The Guapos are outstanding IMO.

I just smoked my first Guapo about 2 hours ago and it was very good. The spiciness lasted most of the cigar and was very enjoyable. The very end while it had a good strong flavor I found it to be pretty boring and rather anti-climatic to the spicy beginning the cigar had, but it was a good cigar, one I'll be smoking again.

I won't buy a box, but I'll probably pick up a fiver. :D

The only Cabaiguan I ever smoked was the Coronas Extra and I feel the same way about it that Rod did for the Robusto. Kind of boring. Not bad, but not great.

Definitely not in the same league as the brown or red band tats imo.

I've only ever smoked the Coronas Extras. It was a wonderful, flavorful smoke.

I really enjoyed it.

I smoked a coronas extra yesterday while Rob smoked the robusto and we had the same impression about the cigars. A brief initial blast of pepper, followed by an even shorter hint of sweetness, then basically nothing the rest of the way. Granted, the robusto was fresh off the truck, and the corona probably just arrived a couple days ago, but based on the reviews in moki's blind taste tests, man, I was expecting so much more.

I just looked in my history and I was mistaken, I never had a Guapo, I had the coronas extra.

I see the Guapos is a fuller bodied stick... so I will try one!

these cigars are on the milder-medium side and I think some people just don't like that. These aren't anything like a Tatuaje, pretty much the opposite. If you like milder flavorful cigars that don't hit you over the head with flavor but are more subtle and refined you should give them a try. I for one love them! :love:

I smoke these regularly. They need a few days after shipping to liven back up. After that, smoke one as your first of the day, SLOWLY. It is one of my favorite cigars...period. SUBLIME.

I enjoy the cabaiguan line. I regularly smoke the corona extras and the robusto extras. They're definately a nice diversion from the Tatuaje's. I personally don't like the red line and stick to the browns. I've always wondered about the guapos as from my understanding, they're rolled in Nic as opposed to Miami where the other Cabaiguans are rolled. Different tobacco/blend? I've only smoked a handfull of Guapos and I actually like the US rolled Cabaiguans better. That said, I may have to revisit the Guapos. I didn't find them to be any more fuller than the regular Cabaiguan line and to me, they were more one dimensional than the regular Cabaiguans. G1

I enjoy the cabaiguan line. I regularly smoke the corona extras and the robusto extras. They're definately a nice diversion from the Tatuaje's. I personally don't like the red line and stick to the browns. I've always wondered about the guapos as from my understanding, they're rolled in Nic as opposed to Miami where the other Cabaiguans are rolled. Different tobacco/blend? I've only smoked a handfull of Guapos and I actually like the US rolled Cabaiguans better. That said, I may have to revisit the Guapos. I didn't find them to be any more fuller than the regular Cabaiguan line and to me, they were more one dimensional than the regular Cabaiguans. G1
To me, the fresh Guapos and Verocu both smoke more one dimensional when fresh. They do seem to morph, with a little age, rather quickly and become very creamy and more complex(to me).
I prefer the Regular Cabaiguan, and the red Angeles and Hermosos. The special editions are definitely very nice for a change of pace after dinner smoke.

Just recieved a guapo 46 from my shop. Will let her rest for a couple then see. I was correct in that the Guapos are all rolled in Nicaragua as opposed to the regular Cabaiguan line which is rolled in Miami. G1

Just recieved a guapo 46 from my shop. Will let her rest for a couple then see. I was correct in that the Guapos are all rolled in Nicaragua as opposed to the regular Cabaiguan line which is rolled in Miami. G1

What is a Guapo 46?

What is a Guapo 46?

I pretty sure Pete is coming out with a corona gorda. Actually my favorite size, so I'm always very happy when I can find a blend, in that size, that really shines. So I'll be anxious to try them when they become available.

MM is correct. The next smoke for the Guapo line will be the 46, a corona gorda. Perfect if you're not a fan of the thicker Guapo. G1

I had heard he was working on them, I had no idea there were some out and about.

They're not officially out yet. Pete was at my shop for a Cabaiguan/Tatuaje promotion so he had some with him. Looks like a skinny guapo. G1