• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Caffeine Beer

SFG75

Master-passer
Looks as if our friends on the other side of the Atlantic are looking to pep up those who drink at the pubs. I personally don't like this idea, but what the heck, you don't get tired and you have a good buzz!.

A NEW beer laced with as much caffeine as half a cup of coffee could prove to be the perfect pint for drinkers struggling to stay awake in the pub after 24-hour licensing laws come into effect.
BE, produced by the Budweiser brewer Anheuser-Busch, has gone on sale in America and if successful is expected to be exported to Britain.

The drink, pronounced “B to the E”, where B stands for Budweiser and E stands for extra, is 4.5% alcohol and has 54mg of caffeine.

Containing fruit flavouring, ginseng and guarana, a tropical berry, it is aimed at young drinkers already used to mixing spirits with energy drinks such as Red Bull.

Nathaniel Davis, the brewmaster who designed the drink, said it had an aroma of blackberry, cherry, typical hop and malt flavours, rounded off with a slightly sweet and tart finish he describes as the “wow factor”.

U.K. Times online

"Containing fruit flavouring, ginseng and guarana, a tropical berry, it is aimed at young drinkers already used to mixing spirits with energy drinks such as Red Bull"

Isn't what I would consider to be beer. Blasphemy :angry:

I need one of those smileys throwing up. I bet MattR has one at the ready. :D

So really, there is nothing resembling Beer involved. It's more like soda with alcohol. Why did they have to drag the good name of Beer thru this?