• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Calling ass.Vendors - how about a Group Buy on a Bobken?

BlindedByScience said:
...you mean, these?

http://bobken.com/

Yes.

I saw a site where I can get 12 shipped for under $5 each. 

Soooo...I wanted to give the vendors here a chance to make a few $ and get a few names! :D

Fits on windows or in cup holders. That's what I call pimping my ride.

BlindedByScience said:
...you mean, these?

I was going to make a comment on 'ass vendors' but I figured that would get me in trouble..... :p
I read where some people in Phoenix got in trouble for ass vending.  http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/25018101/report-hall-of-famer-sapp-arrested-in-prostitution-bust-in-phoenix

I have had one of those for a number of years and it doesn't work as well in the Suburban as I thought.  Keeps falling off and such.  It works ok in the cup holder and I think it might work better in a different vehicle.  Just my $.02.

golfgar said:

...you mean, these?

I was going to make a comment on 'ass vendors' but I figured that would get me in trouble..... :p
I read where some people in Phoenix got in trouble for ass vending.  http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/25018101/report-hall-of-famer-sapp-arrested-in-prostitution-bust-in-phoenix

I have had one of those for a number of years and it doesn't work as well in the Suburban as I thought.  Keeps falling off and such.  It works ok in the cup holder and I think it might work better in a different vehicle.  Just my $.02.

Yea - 2001 Suburban is a little tough. 

I'm up for other options as well! 

Not to be negative...but how much off of a $5-$6 item can be cost effective once you factor in the shipping? In my travels, they're only $3.99 (knock-off) to $5.99/$6.49 (Bobken) plus tax. Even if you got it down to $3-$4 per unit...it's gotta be $5 to ship it. 

As for alternatives...

I have a couple of metal Xikar ones....LINK....it's OK, but with the open top, when you open the windows, the ashes blow around sometimes. Being that the lid is separate, you have to put that somewhere when smoking...which kinda sucks if you like to make turns with your car or truck. It winds up under the seats, by your feet, next to the console, etc. The cigar ash aiming downwards is a better solution when you put it down for any length of time and make turns.

I also have the Stinky version...LINK...again, it's just OK. In my experience, the clip sucks because it's edges are sharp and it sometimes cuts into the wrapper and the cigar slips out on hard cornering. The swing open lid either obstructs the other cup holder or hits you in the leg if you put it in that direction. If your cup holders are right in front of your console, you can't swing it backwards and if you go the other way, it's into the shifter area and aiming away from you. The ashes fly out of that one too when you open the windows or have the AC on high and forget to re-aim the vents. 

The Bobken design is about the best solution because the ashes fall into the covered bottom chamber...but you can't put the cigar butt down the hole once done. And forget about trying to clip it at the window ledge, it flies off during turns....stick to the cup holder. And they do smell because you can't close them tight like the Xikar and Stinky...you have to remember to empty them each time you use it or your car smells like crap the next day. Also make sure to get the cigar version that has the larger hole than the cigarette version. 

None of them is perfect and have advantages & disadvantages. As for me, I'm back to cracking the window, flicking the ashes out, and tossing the butt when I'm done sans the band...like I did before I spent all this money on fancy car ashtrays. 

You never know. A vendor may have over stock and want to dump it. 
Work some other sorta deal, etc. 

I'm just throwing it out there. 

I could pick up the 12 for under $5 each and just hand them out to friends...thought I'd drum up some interest from the vendors. 

Heck - it can even be for a discount on a high end model. 

Showing interest. :D

What I would like is a floor ashtray stand for my office. I just haven't pulled the trigger yet.

I have one similar to this - decoration only: 

230691684883.jpg

golfgar said:
What I would like is a floor ashtray stand for my office. I just haven't pulled the trigger yet.

The Stinky floor models are nice and deep to hold a ton of ashes and butts. LINK    LINK

grateful1 said:
I have one similar to this - decoration only: 

230691684883.jpg
Is that an antique?  Looks very nice.

I bought Lynn one of the Xikar ash tray cans, and they are pretty cool.  I've used it in the car for cigars, and it does fit right in the cupholder, but the point about ashes flying is valid.  I found cracking the sunroof and a window or two worked quite well, the smoke went right out the roof.

Lynn has taken to using a cigar tube for a quick smoke.  Puts her ashes and cigarette butts in the tube...clean, neat, no smell.  Not bad.

Antique stores are a GREAT place to find the Floor ashtrays.  Sometimes relatively inexpensively.

ironpeddler said:

The Stinky floor models are nice and deep to hold a ton of ashes and butts. LINK    LINK

We don't do Stinky since he bad mouthed us in Vegas several years ago!
I use a bobken when I golf beats using the clip that gets lost most of the time. I usually pick them up at JRs I think they are $4.95 in North Carolina.