• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Calling out wk-mang

emodx

Banned
I know whut wk means...but WTH is a mang? Enquiring minds wanna know!

Emo

It's slang for "man."

Often used by hispanics, or more specifically a subcultire known as "vatos," though not exclusively by them.

usage:

Whatchoo trying to do to me, mang?

Chill out ese

i believe wk would be his initials: wade k......
the mystery remains...... :sneaky:

:sign: You guy's got to be kiddin' me! :sign:

You guys know what "CoventryCat86" means?

See if you can figure it out.

Okay.... since inquiring minds want to know here's the real deal... LOL!

The "wk" is my initials... Wade Kodama... LOL! The "mang" is exactly what Lumberg alluded to.... it's slang for "man".

It all started years ago when I used to chat a lot in the ICG Chat Room (Internet Cigar Group). I was very active on the Usenet newsgroup alt.smokers.cigars and there were a bunch of us that would regularly chat. The Bruddah who was the most active was nicknamed "El Ropo" and was from Austin, TX. He and his buddy ran a business but would be online all the time. He would always chat in spanish slang... exactly like Lumberg's example. He's call all of us "mangs" and when you read his transcripts it would be like the old Cheech and Chong movies... basically he sounded like Cheech Marin... LOL!

We left the ICG Chat Room and moved to the Undernet and IRC Chats. We created a room called #HerfinUSA. It was when we set up this room that many of use were given the nicknames using the word "mang". Naturally... I was called "wk-mang" and some of the others were "jk-mang", "Batmang" etc. This was also where I became Brothers with Steve aka GuyanaBoy! I never understood why he didn't become "Guyana-mang"... LOL!

So... now chu mangs know why my nickname is "wk-mang"! So chu all take care mi amigos and enjoy chu're cigarros! Hasta la vista mi hermanos!

Wade-mang

that's some pretting interesting history there, mang.

heh, every time someone says mang, i think of the first cheech and chong, when they're in the car, and then chong pulls out that big blunt.

coventrycat86 said:
You guys know what "CoventryCat86" means?

See if you can figure it out.
'86 Jaguar (or, as the brits would say "Jaguare") :D How'd I do?

That's a great story and a very interesting history lesson :) Wade how long ago did you start herfinUSA and what happened to it ???

Benji-mang ;)

One outta two aint' bad!

Actually It was since I knew his name was Wade.....got full of myself I guess

Hey, ese, tha wuz a cool story, mang!