• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Camacho Corojo

matalo

I fired up a corojo for the first time yesterday, and boy they hype is definitely true. This was one fine cigar. For just under $5, I would compare this to the one and only ISOM I have enjoyed. The only negative aspect to this cigar was that it kept going out. I should have let it sit about 45 before I lit it up, but I just could not wait.

Absolutely wonderful. Found a new store last week and owner suggested I try one. Enjoyed it there while watching the game and took five home for the box.

Full flavored
Robb

Smoked my first one of those this morning.

Morning, that is.

On the way to work.

After having skipped breakfast.

Whooooooie! I couldn't walk straight afterwards. A pretty freakin' powerful smoke, at least for the likes of me. I don't think I like 'em that strong.

The taste was unusual; I'm sure it was the Corojo tobacco. (I'm more of a Maduro guy myself.) Extremely smooth, no hint of harshness: I didn't even notice I was getting my tuchas booted until I tried to stand up afterwards. For me, though, it's kind of like steak: I like steak, but I like hamburger too; and I don't like steak enough more to pay the premium price for it. If I'm going to pay that much for a cigar, I'll get a decent Maduro, along the lines of a Partagas Black or a LGC Serie R or a Padron.

A weird thing happened, too. The wrapper was beautiful, and not damaged in any way I could see, and I didn't cut the head too deep; but suddenly, when there was about two inches of cigar left, the wrapper unraveled and fell right off. No trouble before, and no hope of putting it back afterwards. That's never happened to me before; I'm pretty sure it was my fault in some way, but I haven't any idea how.

Without the wrapper, though, the draw opened right up from borderline-unpleasantly tight to quite loose, the smoke volume went through the roof, and ol' Louie Camacho got down to some serious butt-kickin'. I only smoked an inch after that.

I'd give it a 90-plus score as a cigar, but it's not a stick for me.