• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Camacho Liberty 2007

BigJake6904

Fat Texan
Cigar: Camacho Liberty 2007
Size: 6 x 52
Smoking Time: 1hr. 8min.
Drink: Arizona Green Tea

Pre Light: The dos capas is always very appealing to me. I’ve had wonderful experiences with this type of wrap and can’t wait to smoke this cigar. The draw is perfect, and the cigar seems to be very well constructed, however, we will discover this as we begin to give it the fiery death. The draw before lighting it seems to be somewhat nutty and very sweet.

307889568.jpg

First Third: When I first tried to lay my hands on the flavors, I puffed and puffed until I thought I had put my finger on it. Of course! It was a subtle nutty leathery sweetness. Not off to a bad start. The burn is staying consistent thus far, and the construction seems to be great. I can’t wait for this cigar to hit that second third and really open up.

307889579.jpg

Second Third: Well, I was expecting a lot more flavors when entering this portion of the stick, I’m very disappointed. There is simply more leather and less sweetness. Usually with the 11/18’s I notice the cigar get’s much much better the more you smoke. The aroma has definitely picked up, and is very sweet and rich, I must say the cigar to me, is not the same. I must compliment the cigar construction, however. It made it almost to the peak of the bulge before it ashed itself.

307889573.jpg

Third Third: As we begin the descent down from the middle, there is an obvious spice that comes out of the middle of nowhere and the leatheriness becomes brasher. The cigar seems to be on a steady decline, becoming more bland the more you smoke it after being at the 52 ring gauge peak.

307889582.jpg

Conclusion: Even though the cigar didn’t hit my personal flavors of love, It was a fairly decent smoke. The construction was spot on, It only ashed twice the whole duration of the smoke. Even though I wasn’t fond of the flavors, the aroma was pretty pleasant. The burn was consistent. I probably won’t buy it again for $16 but It’s a decent smoke if you’re that leather lover.

307889604.jpg

Appearance: 9/10
Aroma: 8/10
Burn: 9/10
Construction: 8/10
Draw: 8/10
Overall: 8/10

Have to say that's a beautiful piece of artwork... Just like this beautiful piece that I am gonna have a really really hard time to bring myself to smoke.
IMG_1577.jpg

A third review would make this interesting: AF Between the Lines. I'm curious how you would react to the BTL after having smoked the Gurkha and Camacho.

A third review would make this interesting: AF Between the Lines. I'm curious how you would react to the BTL after having smoked the Gurkha and Camacho.
The between the lines is the only dos capa I've smoked that was worth the time. They're all really nice to look at, but most of what I've tried have been disappointing in flavor.

I just wish the BTL was a little easier to obtain. I'm really starting to realize how lucky I was to get the 2 I've had. It's th eonly time I've wished I saved a cigar a little longer so I could look at it more. :laugh:

I would smoke it but the only thing that can come from it is dissapointment... because something that looks that great will be a failure if it does anything other than knock me off my feet.... it's just a beautiful stick.. one to collect.... but you only do live once so I might just burn one of em' pretty soon... then keep the rest as trophies.

Great review :thumbs:

Don't know when I will torch mine

I recently bought one from Jonesy. But since I only have one, I was saving that for a special occasion.

Now if you know where I can get another one, I'd be more than happy to be impressed by a dos capas. Though the CAO America is going to be reviewed tomorrow.