• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Camacho Triple Maduro

cajunblaze

Camacho Triple Maduro

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will review the Camacho Triple Maduro 11/18 (6x56)

I have to say besides being on the veinny side, it looks like a great smoke.

The cigar felt very firm. I thought I may have draw issues but after cutting the end, the pre-light draw was actually very easy, almost to easy. I was getting kind of leary. I had the cigar in the humidor for two weeks at 65%, but I also read about burn and draw issues being a triple maduro.

I finally toasted the foot and took the first draw. It has a rich chocolate first draw which was very pleasant. Even with the pre-light draw feeling to easy, the smoke seemed to draw smoothly.

The only problem with burn was in the beginning, it failed to light on just one side and took several relights. After the second relight, it burned pretty even through the whole cigar.

The first third you could already tell this was a very rich, complex, and full smoke. There was hints of dark chocolate and expresso. the burn continued with no touch ups. The smoke was very white and the ash was gray with an occasional black speck, and stayed intact.

The second third was pretty much the same. I was glad I ate a steak before enjoying the cigar. It is very full flavored. I did start to detect a hint of a sweeter creamier taste with the dark chocolate. The ash still remained and the cigar had no burn issues.

The last third I could get the hints of pepper and the ash finally fell with about 1 1/2 inches to go. The dark chocolate faded but the expresso stayed. I was feeling a little light headed. I don't know if it was due to the fullness or that I had started to smoke a little faster. It was a great smoke. Make sure you have time to smoke this one, it lasted almost 2 hours and you don't want to rush it.

Conclusion: I wish this cigar didn't have such a hefty price tag, not saying it isn't worth it, but it would allow me to rotate in my everday smokes. It is a must try for either a maduro smoker of course or someone into full cigars.

Thnaks Rich

Thanks for the review Rich. I enjoyed them when they first came out, but haven't smoked one since. Will have to try it again.

Well done with the review. Camacho seems to be really picking up with their blends over the last couple of years. Not knock you on your *ss spectacular, but solid. Joining the Davidoff stable might change things, of course, but probably not for the worse.

You could have posted it a little earlier, though ... I would have traded for one in the Puppy Pass! :)

Very nice review glad you enjoyed it. I've only had two Camachos and both we're under filled, least felt that way to me.

Good job with the review! 6x56 is a hefty stick -- no wonder it took 2 hours (and no wonder you were feeling a little light-headed!)