• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Camacho

Ludwig

~Puros Mas Finos~
This had been sitting in my humidor for about 4 months when I decided to smoke it last night. By looking at the cigar and wrapper I was not overly impressed by it at all, very few oils on the wrapper, looked dry.

It is a Jamastran Corojo cigar (whatever the hell that means). It held nicely when cut. The first 4 or 5 draws were bitter, and I was sure I was not going to like it. The draw was absolutely perfect, and the same with the burn. After the first unpleasentness, it started to improve alot, the first half was medium in flavor, and tasted some what like licorice to me, and earthy. After the first half it turned into a powerhouse, got kind of spicey which was nice, and alot stronger, I smoked it will taking the dog for a long walk in the cold. By the time I got back home I had a pretty decent buzz :thumbs:

I was plesently suprised by this cigar, I might buy a couple more and put them in the humidor a little longer to see if it gets rid of the bitter flavor I experienced at first.

Excellent cigar. Give the Diploma or the 11/18 a try. :thumbs:

Can't explain the bitter part for you. I like these in all sizes. I only have one small desktop humi and a few of these are usually here.

The Camacho Corrojo is one of my favorites. It ages very well, if you can wait that long. When I first started smoking them, I thought they were a little bitter too. It could be that the strength of the cigar takes a little getting use to.

Take care, Bacchus

I consider the Corojo one of my staples. Great smoking cigar. Love that "slight spice above mellow" taste. Don't think I ever had a bad smoke with this brand. I'm also planning to smoke a CLR torpedo thiscoming officer's call at a place called the "MuckyDuck" in Monterey. :D

Camacho's are one of my all time favorite cigars... I don't think a better domestic cigar can be bought in that price range.

Bitterness? Hmm.... Maybe it was just overwhelming to your palette? I dunno... I did get a tad of bitterness when I first started smoking Diploma's (also Camacho), and after a few months "in the dark" they got alot better...

Camacho = Great cigar.
:thumbs: Toaster

Just adding my $.02. Had a Camacho Corojo tonight. I found it much more full bodied that most of my usual smokes, but very tasty and enjoyable.

I'm a PAM torpedo lover but have smoked several Camacho Diplomas and found them to be very enjoyable, though I too experienced the strange bitterness for the first 4 puffs but after that it was pure enjoyment.

Cheers,

AJ

Toaster said:
....and after a few months "in the dark" they got alot better...
If you think a couple of months do these cigars good, try a year or two. :thumbs:

Allofus123 said:
Toaster said:
....and after a few months "in the dark" they got alot better...
If you think a couple of months do these cigars good, try a year or two. :thumbs:
No patience.... I try to tell my wife I need to keep buying more and more cigars- so I can try and leave some of these alone (or forget about them) long enough to get better... She's not buying in though :(

Dug up this old thread with a search as I had my first Camacho Corojo today. I had been wanting to try it as it promises something different. It really has a nice woody sharpness as opposed to a rounder toned, creamier cigar. I had the robusto.

I did not note any bitterness at all, just a little more pungent than the average smoke. Mine looked well aged. But if you were not careful with it it would bite your nostrils. Was I imagining it, was that a hint of wine in it? I thought so. Anyway a nice change of pace.

Recently got a coupla boxes. One is dated 2001. SMOKING GREAT RIGHT NOW.

These are a GOTO smoke for me.