• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Camping

Nathan Rahl

Dum de Dum
Ok, so this weekend I am going camping (Thurs-Sun). I was going to be taking about 6 or so cigars down with me (2 per day). The question is will they be fine for the short amount of time just in a plastic bag? I don't have a travel humidor or anything like that so I was worried about letting them dry out. Also what would you suggest to keep them safe from breaking? Just throw them in a plastic bag then in a Tupperware container? Since the campgrounds are in a valley the temperature drops to like 40s-50s at night. I'm assuming this won't affect the cigars considering people freeze them for beetles. Thought I would just check on that also. All other thoughts are welcome as well. :D

Thanks

-Nathan

Temps in the 40-50 range won''t bother your sticks. If it si going to be really dry out, you might want to consider one of the humi-packs available. You can get the chep disposable ones for a buck, or the Fuente bags, if you want to get fancy. I love my camping cigars...somethingso right about a fine cigar around a fire.

I save the cedar lined metal tubes that came with the monte's and R&Js I ordered and let them air out (empty) with the cap open for a day in the humidor. I'll put the cigars (if they fit) in those and put the tubes in a plastic ziploc. I'm not sure if that's advisable or not. If they don't fit, I'll make sure they are in cello and I'll put them in a flat bottom tupperware. I wouldn't imagine an issue with the temp you are describing especially if you keep them in your bag, buried for just a few days. Have fun camping! :D

i have read that if you are going to put them in ziplocs, seperate them.

that way you're only opening the bag once to smoke, not letting the humidity escape the other 5...

Just throw them in a ziplock bag and don't sit on them. For that short a period they won't dry out, they won't take on the characteristics of a different cigar in the bag( unless we are talking about Acids). Enjoy your trip.

Use a small plastic container to put your ziplock bag in, that will keep them fresh, and crush proof. Enjoy your trip, camping is one of the things that keep me sane in this world.
I try to find places that cell phones dont work...........

The Master said:
Just throw them in a ziplock bag and don't sit on them. For that short a period they won't dry out, they won't take on the characteristics of a different cigar in the bag( unless we are talking about Acids). Enjoy your trip.
[snapback]236731[/snapback]​

haha...that just sounded funny when I read it fast! do you put something on the tip of your cigars that we should know about??? :laugh:

as far as the humi-packs go...I don't know about you, but my local shop keeps the humipacks that come with boxes of Fuentes in their humidor and give them to you if you ask nicely....ask around your local shop to see if they would do the same....have a great "trip!" ;)

Don't worry about the smokes! Think about camping and keeping dry. How's the weather looking?

Two years ago we planned a 30 mile hike (3 day trip) around part of the Smokey/AT cross over trails, and 16 miles in we had some snow fall. We weren't too worried, I was in bibs, and one of the other guys had a North Face Met5 jacket on (this jacket has heater pannels... wuss) anyways, we woke up to a foot of snow, and were dripping wet. the guy who was least prepared said let's finish it meaning sleeping in the foot and still growing snow. We told him to shut up, get his camera ready, take some good shots, and let's get the hell out! :laugh:

Long story short (well not that short) be prepared for anything. I doubt you'll be hiking though lol. :p Have fun. :thumbs:

KayakinBoy said:
Don't worry about the smokes! Think about camping and keeping dry. How's the weather looking?

Two years ago we planned a 30 mile hike (3 day trip) around part of the Smokey/AT cross over trails, and 16 miles in we had some snow fall. We weren't too worried, I was in bibs, and one of the other guys had a North Face Met5 jacket on (this jacket has heater pannels... wuss) anyways, we woke up to a foot of snow, and were dripping wet. the guy who was least prepared said let's finish it meaning sleeping in the foot and still growing snow. We told him to shut up, get his camera ready, take some good shots, and let's get the hell out! :laugh:

Long story short (well not that short) be prepared for anything. I doubt you'll be hiking though lol. :p Have fun. :thumbs:
[snapback]236826[/snapback]​

Good story KB! And don't worry I got like 4 sleeping bags packed, so bring on the cold! :laugh:

As far as I have seen the weather is going to be partly sunny with 20% chance of showers and in the mid/upper 60s. Sounds like good weather to me! And definitely no hiking! :laugh: This is going to be my weekend to relax and just sit around a blazing fire smoking a nice cigar. :cool:

I got the cigar caddy for my trips- hard to beat $15 for a 15 cigars hard case! And I tell you what- it's tough! It's been on my 2 moose hunts, riding around on my 4-wheeler ATV (thru some DAMN rough terrain!) and tossed around in my truck going on more than one fishing trip.

And temps got down in the low 30's one night on the moose hunt... cigars were just fine. I wouldn't want to expose them to that for too long tho.