• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Can a cooledor be too full?

geldor1

Can't Re- Member
Can you over pack a cooledor?

Between the bundles and repacked boxes, there is no more room. (damn CBid, nobody told me it was addicting) :0

They are stacked in quite nicely, but not over packed in.

Climmax holding at 70%.

Does there have to be breathing room or is it OK to keep this thing plumb full.

If you tell me there has to be some breathing room, I guess I'll just have to build another one. Oh, darn. :p

I would build another one anyway

but I think your fine as long as it is holding RH and not squishing the cigars with the lid

(damn CBid, nobody told me it was addicting)
LOL geldor I don't wanna say I told you so but I told you so :p

No, having lots of cigars packed in your coolerdor is not a bad thing at all, if anything, it's easier for the beads (or any media for that matter) to keep the humidity constant.

Time to make another trip to your favorite Big Box store for another cooler AND more beads ;)

An Igloodor would only be considered too full if you can't snap the latches! LOL! You're okay but I'm sure you realize you've run out of room in there... listen to Phil and make another Igloodor! LOL!

I have a 150 Qt Igloodor that is stuffed... it's holding 39 boxes currently... that's 975 sticks and it's fine. There isn't a lot of room for air circulation in there but I open it up at least once a week to allow for some air exchange. I'd suggest you do the same... open it up regularly and it'll be fine!

Aloha,

Wade

I might open my TOO OFTEN, like twice a day LMAO!!

I don't think I'll ever have to worry about no stale air :sign:

Having the Collerdor full just increases the stability of the RH in the box. Over time, the cigars and boxes normalize to a stable RH. When you open the lid, the air in the empty space gets replaced with whatever RH Air is in your room. It's only the contents and the lining of the box that keep it steady.

In other words, cram every nook and cranny full as long as your not crushing anything. Sounds like you need some help getting rid of a few cigars though... :)

LOL

- Mike