• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Can anyone ID these MonteCriso Cigars?

CigarBaron

Hey Guys,

I was at the Cigar Heritage Festival in Ybor City a couple Saturdays ago and won a box of Montecristo cigars...I'm going to sell or trade them in the buy/sell/trade section of this site but I wanted to know if someone could post a link to a site so I can get an idea of what they are worth...I paid $10 at the Monecristo tent to spin this big wheel and it landed on the free box...they guy there said the box was worth $250 but i think that is probably a little inflated and I don't know what the current market value is...They were giving away 1 cigar per $10 spin at the same place so I'm thinking the picture below is what's in the box i won (i don't want to open the box so I can sell/trade it as new & sealed).

Does anyone know the MSRP for this box??

Here's the info:
It's the yellow & gold trim box & says Montecristo 25-Robustos
Barcode# on the bottom of the box is: 071610964754
Hologram association of Dominican cigar manufacturers sticker has the number 07943967
Has "LEI" in box stamped on the bottom

Sorry the pics are low res.

Thanks for the help!!
Baron

Cigar1.jpg

Cigar2.jpg

cigarbox.jpg

cigarbox2.jpg

cigarbox3.jpg

cigarbox4.jpg

Almost 100% positive those are Monte Whites. Pretty sure they're around $175-$225 a box.

Look like Monte Whites, although Lew shows those being sold in cedar chests, and none of what he shows are name "Robusto." Rothchildes would be the closest he has listed.

Looking at Atadis's site, they talk about "new" Whites.

Wonder if this is a previous blend/packing/size.

Look like Monte Whites, although Lew shows those being sold in cedar chests, and none of what he shows are name "Robusto." Rothchildes would be the closest he has listed.

They could be a retailer box.

The robusto came out when the White line was first released
(I believe with the 'coffee/ashtray' set I picked up.)
or
These could be a new size they will be getting out.

edit - " The Montecristo White Rothchilde is a Robust"

If you wanna make absolute certain they're Monte Whites, go ahead and mail me one.. two........ or... the box... and I'll smoke and confirm.

Why are the words backwards?

Yeah sorry about that...i gave the single cigar to my brother and when I realized I wanted to know what's in the box without opening it I had him email me the pics...he took the pics with is MacBook Pro built in camera which apparently makes the letters appear backwards.

I wonder if they didn't give you a box of regular brown-banded robustos, and a White Rothchilde single by mistake...

Edited to say: If this is the case, the box is worth around 140 bucks according to the website of one very large retailer in NC.

I wonder if they didn't give you a box of regular brown-banded robustos, and a White Rothchilde single by mistake...

Edited to say: If this is the case, the box is worth around 140 bucks according to the website of one very large retailer in NC.

That is a another possibility...i may have to just open the box before I trade/sell.

That is a another possibility...i may have to just open the box before I trade/sell.

I'm positive that the single is white label and the box is classic label. Two different cigars. MSRP for classic label robusto is $170 for 20 count box but they are sold for less everywhere. Yours is a 25 count box which means its an older box that has been discontinued at least couple months ago.

I'm a pretty light smoker so when I smoke I like to try different cigars and generally don't buy a whole box.

That just means by the time you finish the box, the cigars will have some nice age on them! :)