• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Can you control your temper

I know it is tough to remember, but you are both human beings, one of them is conditioned to do what the company hammers into their brain, which is usually "say you love the customer, but when they're not looking, fuck them as hard as possible."

Really? I'm going to have to disagree with this. With out customers the company doesn't exist, so having a company policy of 'fucking them over when they aren't looking' isn't condusive to keeping the doors open for very long.

Can I assume you weren't in management?
Well, ironicly, CC's doors are closing, atleast a bunch of them are. Having seen management decisions, there are two types of managers:
-Those who want to build their customer base with good service
and
-Those who are gold diggers.

Seams like the above referenced management style is the later. I think a great industry to look at is auto repair. I have a great mechanic, I trust the guy completely. I have also had mechanics that have given me lists of stuff that needs to be repaired that didn't hold up to a second opinion. Not everyone is honest, even in management.

I know it is tough to remember, but you are both human beings, one of them is conditioned to do what the company hammers into their brain, which is usually "say you love the customer, but when they're not looking, fuck them as hard as possible."

Really? I'm going to have to disagree with this. With out customers the company doesn't exist, so having a company policy of 'fucking them over when they aren't looking' isn't condusive to keeping the doors open for very long.

Can I assume you weren't in management?
Well, ironicly, CC's doors are closing, atleast a bunch of them are. Having seen management decisions, there are two types of managers:
-Those who want to build their customer base with good service
and
-Those who are gold diggers.

Seams like the above referenced management style is the later. I think a great industry to look at is auto repair. I have a great mechanic, I trust the guy completely. I have also had mechanics that have given me lists of stuff that needs to be repaired that didn't hold up to a second opinion. Not everyone is honest, even in management.

This is exactly it -- I am in no way saying that is how it should be, in fact, I think it is a disgusting practice. No need to be condescending, I know how businesses should run to keep customers. My CC's managers had VERY dirty practices, lying about products to make a sale, telling us to lie about deals... Illegal stuff. I wasn't refering to ALL customer service, just the store that I worked at. In fact, the "good" managers were laid off because they were not making the same sales that the "crooked" ones where.

No, I was not a manager, but that doesn't mean I am stupid. We were told on many occasions to tell customers we would put together better packages for them if they bought protection plans etc, because that is the only way CC made money. We were encouraged to deceive or sell inferior products that cost more, or sell protection plans which did not cover anything the manufacturer did not already cover. We were encouraged to NEVER do "price match +10%" unless specifically mentioned. We were encouraged to do out-of-store orders that did not match our web price (which was much cheaper). Anyway we could get more money out of people was the route we took, which eventually led me to quitting. Couldn't live with it, screwing everyone I could, with the managers and leads directly behind us making sure we did it.

Yes, I believe this is one reason CC is going out of business. I have had managers literally say "I hate customers, just make sure you have a smile on your face when you talk to them. You'll find other ways of getting back at them."

Sorry if I was misleading with the statement, but in my case, this was the way it was.

I did a fair stint in retail when I was just out of High School. I was young and nonchalant, and my easy going attitude and refusal to scam customers won me a lot of sales and eventually got me fired from 3 separate jobs for not being 'greasy' enough.

I had a guy threaten to pick up an oven and throw it at me because I wasn't letting him pick something up without a receipt (I was too new to know there are ways to pull up his receipt on the computer). There were more than a few crude words thrown in with that threat. I just blinked, chuckled inwardly and called the manager. I was trying not to laugh at the image of this guy struggling to pick an oven up, face red with anger, knees wobbling and face sweating profusely, all the while threatening me in ridiculous ways.

Moki is right when he states that it was a series of overreactions (except for the last part when he defended his wifey). Seriously, customers abuse the fact that they are meant to be 'always right' all the time, and get right shitty when they run into any difficulty whatsoever. You got to expect at least the odd cuss, and often a lot more. It's part of the job.

So... I don't know... the guy must have had a pretty shitty day to just snap like that, and he probably should have gotten fired for flipping out so quickly and shoving a customer. I know I would have gotten fired for much less.

I honestly don't know how I would have responded.

The clerk would have been too busy staring at her headlights to bother getting all worked up about your incessant whining.
:whistling:

Another reason I only date porkers - takes more than an arm brush to rock 'em back on their heels.

I'm pretty sure that my girl would have taken off her heels herself and put a stilletto-sized dent in his forehead. :thumbs:

If she didn't do it, then whether right or wrong, I can't see myself just walking away. Police reports are more of a PITA than they are worth...they prob wouldn't even follow up on it out in San Diego, but the guy shouldn't be allowed to get away with setting his hands on anyone. I doubt that there's a fair outcome to that scenario. He certainly deserves an ass kicking, but I have way more to lose than would be gained by chin-checking some moron whose biggest achievement in life is having the patience to make it through an 8 hour shift of valley-girl mall rats.

I think we should all meet at Crcuit City and LIGHT UP!!! And when they try to kick us out, start a brawl!!!

I can say that my Hubby would have defended my honor in a huge way...but would have gladly watched if i had decided to take matters into my own hands...what an idiot employee

Melly

I'd like to think I'd keep my cool, but in reality I'd probably crush him like an empty beer can.