• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Can you id this table top lighter?

GrouchoM

The secret phrase is cigars! ! !
Never saw this kind of table top lighter. Any idea of the make, model and price? FB_IMG_1460933004034.jpg

Last edited:
If you never saw it where did it come from/how did you acquire it?

If you never saw it where did it come from/how did you acquire it?

I acquired the photo from being in a closed local Facebook cigar group. I get random pictures from members posting cigar photos daily. Some guy posted pic of his daily smoke and I was like "is that a tabletop lighter?" So, I downloaded the picture and decided to ask the forum. I never saw anything like it before a few days ago.

Did that answer your query?

I acquired the photo from being in a closed local Facebook cigar group. I get random pictures from members posting cigar photos daily. Some guy posted pic of his daily smoke and I was like "is that a tabletop lighter?" So, I downloaded the picture and decided to ask the forum. I never saw anything like it before a few days ago.

Tell your friend life is too short and quick smoking those Acid cigars :p

Tell your friend life is too short and quick smoking those Acid cigars :p

LOL. That was my first thought as well.

GrouchoM - you can get that model at all sorts of online cigar store. The reviews on it are so, so. Personally I prefer single flame pocket torches if I'm in a wind sheltered environment because I'm less likely to scotch the wrapper. The smaller flame is also perfect to small touch-ups. For bigger gauge cigars and when outside in the open I occasionally use a triple flame unit. I use to use my table top early on, but now it just collects dusk unless I have a bunch of people over all smoking.

I'm finding myself wondering again why you're posting here regarding things from other forums. George Scott took the words right out of my mouth...er...fingers.

Also was the bolded statement really necessary? I know tone is subjective and easily misinterpreted on forums but it kinda carries a sarcastic tone to me. Could just be my imagination.

I agree, why not just ask the person on that forum?

Just a further point on how the post came across to me. I don't know if this will mean anything to you, but take it how you will.

When I saw your post my very first thought was it was a picture you took...so I was confused first of all why you were asking people here if they've ever seen this lighter that you knew nothing about even though you had it, so then I thought well he's trying to show off a bit.

Then your post clarifying where it came from seemed a bit boastful again in the manner of "Well I'm a member of a closed facebook group." I mean good for you, but again the question probably could've been answered by the person who posted it. Cut out the middle man and realize as well that no one here is impressed by how many groups you belong to.

It seems to me that you're still getting the hang of how to navigate the waters here, and thats fine, just think before you post: "Is this something that is really going to contribute positively to the forum or bring a completely new thought or subject to light?"

Anyway, if it came across that way to me, I'm sure I'm not the only one.

JMHO

And BTW, those lighters are private labeled for Alec Bradley, you can get the nameless ones too. I like them and use one at home on the deck.

Really not sure why Tom decided to ask that question here without explaining why he was asking. Then, the bolded question, I hope this is not leading to a trollish "pot stirring" thread.

Would it have been easier to ask the guy on facebook?
Okay. I answered your questions and you pick apart my answers. I didn't try to misrepresent anything. I said I saw it and didn't feel comfortable asking some guy on Facebook, but appears I should have. Please be clear I wanted to know what a random accessory I saw in a photograph was, it could have been GQ, CA or Facebook. The group, which was the answer to your question, can't change that, is for mostly posting, no one comments or exchanges many discussions. I'm offended at being called a troll by any of you or having trolling behavior. I also don't need you being the grammar police either. I just said I saw a photo, and asked myself this question, and could someone id it, nothing more. Your comment about bringing something from another site is unsound, because sadly this is not the wellspring of all cigar knowledge-yeah, sorry to burst your bubble. I again was not misrepresenting what I do or do not own, nor was I trying to cause a controversy over a $35 tabletop lighter. But, sadly, as I ask how to scratch my ass on this site, someone always takes offense and drags everything I'm not talking about into it. Doesn't, anyone just ever answer a question and move on instead of questioning someone's motives or dissecting where or where not they place emphasis in a simple question. Guys, I appreciate if you don't like my post or find them suspect (which is odd, especially over again a $35 lighter) do as so many did, tell me it's a Alec or not Alec Bradley that can be found on Amazon and leave it at that. The rest is just your own pot stirring. I didn't even the time to thank the guys who informed me of that because some self appointed Wolfpack launched on me, for what, not a cigar question or asking for cigars, or disrespecting someone by cursing them or harassing them, but asking about a freaking $35 lighter. But, again, I seem to bring out the worst in people here, when I'm only asking for information-nothing more.

You need to take a deep breath and relax, dude. It really is starting to look like troll behavior because every time someone questions your motives, you fly off the handle and try to "out talk" them and go into these crazy verbose posts.

I think everyone would like to think you're genuinely interested in this forum, but you've just insulted us all with your most recent reply.

I would like to be wrong, but I don't see you lasting here. You carry a very arrogant attitude in your posts. Yeah, I said it. If you can't grow a thick skin, take that for what it is, and step back and look at your actions and manner in which you respond to criticism here, then perhaps you'll fair better on one of your other multiple forums.

BTW, the guys Facebook setting are set so anyone not his friend can not just send him a message or post a question to him. All the post he's received appears to come from people he knows or has dealt with before. Also, unlike Facebook, you are not obligated to respond to any strangers request, even if they belong to a closed group your in. I'm sadly under the impression, that perhaps they might have different privacy parameters, than asking a question in an open forum like Cigar Pass (where anyone can respond) where any knowledgeable person or ass can respond, "oh, that's X. You can get it here". Which several forum members did. But, as soon as this guy accepts my friend request via FB, then we correspond on his items in his postings, I should get my answer. Wait, no need. I'll just ask a bunch of guys why probably own one and theyll tell me in less that 30 minutes.

................................knowledgeable person or ass ....................................

I think you just stepped on your dick. Now it's time for some of the other asses to respond. Personally I don't like name calling of any kind and don't like you name calling my friends here.

image.jpeg Same question asked on another board with a different pic. At least this one is a Gurkha. Not sure if that's better or worse than the Acid though. o_O

What I don't get is why you once again post on different forums even after the question was answered 2 minutes after posting it, 15 minutes before you made the post here. I read both as if you took the pic and the lighter was yours from a yard sale find or gift or something.

Also, if you are trying to be a part of any community, you might want to curb calling or implying that people are an ass. You've already stepped on your dick once here and were given a second chance, you are now doing so again.

Edited to remove other forums info from photo.

Last edited: