• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Can you id this table top lighter?

Music to read the thread by.

I edited out the here we go chant cause we're already there.

Last edited:
@blue13
Fair enough, but I will if you will. Your first post to me had a suspicious tone to it, about something I perceived as rather pedestrians. People ask more pointed questions on here all the time and they also aren't afraid to use sarcasm or a quick wit. But, I've never dealt with you and that how you introduce yourself to me? I gauged my response again on "Why was his response different than the others?" So, if you could address that for me then I'd understand you line of query. Also, no one, even you, likes to have their motives question over identifying an accessory? I answered your question, but again, you don't either accept them nor do they appear to satisfy you. Second question, "what am I trolling for?" Since, I'm not one I don't know what my goal would be asking about a cigar accessory?

Lastly, I respect your opinion, but I find it very easy for you to instead of pm'ing or saying well GrouchoM I get your answer, but it appeared another way. You go to the "I don't think your going to make it here" sthick. Which to me is trollish. You don't have to like my answers nor accept them, but you came at me less than decent and nobody, especially me was looking for a fight about a post over a $35 lighter. But, sometime you guys just don't let up...get an answer first, then do your witch's council. But, I'm not a fan of being accused nor attacked about something others read and maybe answered and went about their day about. Again maybe you should be less quick to trying to score points like your remark about the "other forums" apparently what I do offends you a little too deeply. But, it not your affair nor did it need to start off adversely, but I never tried to use backhand barbs, character assassination nor conjecture as my first line of thought when dealing with a brother of the leaf.

That's really all you needed to say to clear the air. Just saying.
Apologies on the language. That was uncalled for on my part. But, wish friends were more friendly. I didn't see the need to go into all if this privacy detail to say "he what's the cigar that guys smoking in the picture?" or "What lighter is that?". I already write way too much, so I just kept it to the point "Hey guys, what the thing in the picture called? " That's about as straight-forward as I get. But, everyone goes into its bringing in anothet forum stuff, no, it FACEBOOK. The guy apparent liked to flash his lifestyle, which was pretty nice, but on that "forum" He posts more than just cigars on fb, he displays his wife, his kids, extended family, cars, friends, numerous bottles of fine liquor (apparently he's a high end alcohol or spirits rep). So, I was a little apprehensive, as a total stranger to just ask a guy who people would love to befriend out of the blue, "hey you don't know me, but where'd you buy you nice toys at?" But, I did feel comfortable on CigarPass, where the response would be "that X, I love or hate the one I have!" Nuff said, I thought.

@blue13
Fair enough, but I will if you will. Your first post to me had a suspicious tone to it, about something I perceived as rather pedestrians. People ask more pointed questions on here all the time and they also aren't afraid to use sarcasm or a quick wit. But, I've never dealt with you and that how you introduce yourself to me? I gauged my response again on "Why was his response different than the others?" So, if you could address that for me then I'd understand you line of query. Also, no one, even you, likes to have their motives question over identifying an accessory? I answered your question, but again, you don't either accept them nor do they appear to satisfy you. Second question, "what am I trolling for?" Since, I'm not one I don't know what my goal would be asking about a cigar accessory?

Lastly, I respect your opinion, but I find it very easy for you to instead of pm'ing or saying well GrouchoM I get your answer, but it appeared another way. You go to the "I don't think your going to make it here" sthick. Which to me is trollish. You don't have to like my answers nor accept them, but you came at me less than decent and nobody, especially me was looking for a fight about a post over a $35 lighter. But, sometime you guys just don't let up...get an answer first, then do your witch's council. But, I'm not a fan of being accused nor attacked about something others read and maybe answered and went about their day about. Again maybe you should be less quick to trying to score points like your remark about the "other forums" apparently what I do offends you a little too deeply. But, it not your affair nor did it need to start off adversely, but I never tried to use backhand barbs, character assassination nor conjecture as my first line of thought when dealing with a brother of the leaf.

Damn right it was a suspicious tone. I've been a member here longer than you have, and I was confused by your post, especially after your first screw up, so I believe as an established member I have a right to be suspicious of repeat behavior. If you don't agree, oh well. I also am not obligated to introduce myself to you in any other way than responding to a post. I do know for a fact that you don't read before you post as this is not the first time I've responded to a post of yours.

Trolling? Well, once again you're acting the exact same way as you did in your "bomb etiquette" thread, so you obviously either haven't learned much or just like to get under people's skin. That is trolling, you don't need a specific reason other than just to troll or appear that you're above everyone else here, which honestly is what I interpret your behavior as. Sorry, just how I see it.

Me saying I don't think you're going to make it here isn't trolling, its just me interpreting your actions. If you want to prove me wrong then do it, but keeping up with the way you are posting is not the way to do it.

Now, for fear of feeding your borderline trollish behavior I'm going to refrain from posting further on this matter. I'll let it work itself out. If you want to be a BOTL here, then I'm sure one day we'll be able to put this all behind us. If not, well, sorry you've missed out on a great place.

Yeah, wise words by you (sincerely) but apparently all is maybe never forgiven nor forgotten. I post what I post. But if I smoke Tampa trolleys, I get its not what you smoke, it's who you are. But, if I post a question on a accessory, I'm suspect. I respond badly to improper inferences, I'm a troll (you guy are quick to throw that one out).

Better than anybody? Yeah, we're oceans apart on you making that claim. But, here's one: "I feel everything you said to and about me was ripe with belittling". And, I get to, like you to choose how I respond. I also think I've figured out the greater issue. I'm a pup that realistically should not be running with the pack. Every query a troll, every misteps further proof, even healthy debate met with rancor. I posted a picture of a $35 unnamed lighter and you pull out all my history. Ok, judge me, but does being a nember give you more status than me? Now, just more experience and hopefully more relationships. Apparently it does. But, you clearly missed the boat on whether I'm here to display I'm better than any of you? You keep accusing me of social misteps on this sight, but if I'm doing what your saying I'd be marginalizing myself, and the issue would resolve itself, but I don't see that when just one person gave me an actual answer. You didn't. So, this isn't about a lighter, but I see that now. I've moved on, but not under a watchful eye, but a critical one. My posts are meant to do no harm, nor curry any favor. I just like bonding about a fun relaxing hobby. But, I've not made it my issue to go after anyone or harbor (from my less than graceful entrance) any ill will, but apparently that was my decision, others saw fit to decide otherwise. So, I'll reread my original post and try see where my seditious behavior crossed the rubicon of proper form, because after this discussion, I'm still at a loss on the merits of your claims.

Yeah, wise words by you (sincerely) but apparently all is maybe never forgiven nor forgotten. I post what I post. But if I smoke Tampa trolleys, I get its not what you smoke, it's who you are. But, if I post a question on a accessory, I'm suspect. I respond badly to ..................................So, I'll reread my original post and try see where my seditious behavior crossed the rubicon of proper form, because after this discussion, I'm still at a loss on the merits of your claims.

No Rubicon crossed, this isn't 49 BC and your not Julius Caesar. Hint, it wasn't the original post. That was answered in very short order without any drama.

I do enjoy how he uses real "fancy talk" but can't properly spell/use the simple words. Groucho, your posts are becoming incomprehensible, rambling and unnecessarily verbose. (Is that redundant?)

Ok for real I'm done on this one now because I'm wasting energy.

Hey Groucho; I got no dog in the fight and I never respond to (what I consider stupid) questions because I don't give a crap and I'm too lazy to google it for someone but my humble advise to you is to post less and read more. This site is treasure trove of knowledge and in reading the many pages available you'll gain valuable lessons on navigating CP. JMHO take it or leave it because, again, I really don't really care.

UPDATE: Well, the guy actually accepted a messenger request and provided the info on his lighter a few minutes ago, even said they could be found on Amazon. Guess I was wrong.

Groucho,

I also have no dog in this fight - but here's what I see. I see someone I don't know well (joining the board in March of 2016) calling someone who has been here over six years and is a highly contributing member of this board, an asshat.

Let me paint this picture a different way.

If I held an open house, and you ushered yourself into my home requesting we answer a few questions about my home, then called my wife (whom I've also known for 6 years) an asshat when she said you were acting suspicious... whose side do you think I'd be taking? CP is a family. As a family with an open door policy, yeah, we can get a bit suspicious of newcomers, and rightfully so because we've been robbed, cheated, and used, and yet that front door is still wide open.

But let's be perfectly clear. Just because the door is open does not mean you are free to do as you please. You have no rights in our home. This is not a place where you get to "throw your weight around" or level accusations. You don't deserve answers to questions just because you ask them. And if you think contributing to this group is providing content or asking questions, you're very wrong. Contributing is answering them. Contributing is participating in things and having the fortitude to stick around and learn without bickering. And I could care less if someone picks a fight with you. They're doing so because they don't trust you. Because they don't know you. Rather than fight back, perhaps get to know them instead.

The point is this - I get that you want to take the holy high ground and make vast claims on how you can judge anyone you want if they can judge you... and sure, if that's what you want to do... do what you like... but if you did that at my open house to my wife? I'd kindly ask you to go fuck yourself as I boot you out the door.

Who left the door open, and let the screwball in?

Doc

Last edited:
Sure, I'll post my 2 cents, why not. But I'll try and keep my input simple.

Groucho, all could have been avoided, had you posted this thread and phrased it appropriately. Such as:

----Hey all, I saw a picture of this lighter on another forum I'm a member of and can't identify it. I don't feel comfortable asking the owner, so I thought I'd toss it out here and see if anyone knows. I also posted it on a few other sites, just trying to gather the info. I think it's a cool lighter. Thanks for any help you can provide!----

Like others here, I originally thought you were posting your own picture and wondered, why is he asking what lighter this is.....when he owns it. It was very confusing. But what I take issue with the most here, is what seems to be your continued identical posts on multiple sites. I don't care at all that you're a member of other sites.....good for you. I don't care at all that you post on all your different sites.....great. What's strange to me, is that you post identical threads/questions/comments on them. There's no originality to them. It's like you're just cutting a pasting to all of your sites, to raise your post count on each of them or something. It is, like it's been said here, suspect....and might I add, a tad off putting. Here's what I mean:

Imagine if a friend of yours is getting married and you get an invite. You need to find a +1 to go with you. You don't have a current girlfriend/wife to go with. But you have 3 female friends that you would be happy to attend with if any could go. It would be inappropriate for you to ask all three and say "Hey, would you like to go to this wedding with me?" And just take the first one that responds and say never mind to the other two. Instead, you would either ask each in sequence until you receive a response, or you would say "Hey, I need a +1 for this wedding and I think it would be fun, but I did ask a couple other friends as well. Because I need a quick answer, first come first served! So please let me know either way so that I can make plans".

My point is, is just off putting to request information on multiple sites, in the exact same phrasing, without a disclaimer that you're doing so. You'll notice on this site, sometimes when people sell things, they'll add a phrase "listed on multiple other sites as well". It's a statement of courtesy to the site and its members letting them know you're seeking other outlets for the information/sale/whatever. Again....it's a courtesy. Without doing so, it really creates a strange feeling as though all the sites you are a member of are being "used" for your personal benefit.

Right or wrong Groucho, that is the perception. You can argue it all day until you're blue in face...or fingers, but perception in a lot of life....is reality, whether it is true or not.

Your post, and your responses create a perception. Which brings me back to how I started this response. Had you posted it in the way I listed.......there would have been zero issue at all. Zero.

Why post the same damn question, on multiple cigar boards or FB groups? I don't get it.

I suspect it's because he's looking to fit in someplace and the whole lighter question was just a way to post something harmless in order to participate in a discussion. On the surface it's actually very understandable, but the thing is that between this most recent drama and the stuff before, I strongly suspect that our group will always remain suspect. I really doubt the barriers will ever come down. It's just really hard to overcome an initial bad impression, especially when the opportunities to interact are limited to mostly electronic communications. Anyway, that my read on things through my HR lenses.

If it's not constructive, what is the point of adding any more to this thread?